Recommend a vacuum cleaner!

Soldato
So I've had Dyson which last but always find they tend do pull up less as time moves on.

Had vax before but that kept breaking.

Needs to be good for pets as have 2 cats and a dog.

I've heard allot about shark vacs any good?

I'm informed by Mrs we needs a new one I'd personally much rather buy a 3080 ha

Associate
We picked up a Shark Cordless vac in October/November and this was replacing a Dyson. It's fantastic. We have a dog and 3 kids and we keep our house clean and tidy but if you empty the Shark hoover, run it around the living room and the hallway (carpet and wood floor) it will always pick up stuff even if it didn't look like it needed to be hoovered in the first place.

The only gripe is that the battery only last 40 minutes. It sounds a long while but after you've cleaned the whole house, it's flat and it takes 3 hours to charge. An additional battery is about £70 (we paid £199 for the hoover itself) but probably worth the investment.

Soldato
Yea I got a Bosch cordless I'd never go back to wired what a faff.

I bought a second battery so there is always one charged ready to go but 6ah battery was bloody expensive the whole setup was a fair amount of money.

But, it does make vacuum cleaning much less of a chore.

Also do t buy Dyson they sell ***** these days riding on their brand name.

Soldato
Got a Shark NZ801UK and it's epic, replaced a DC04 Dyson and the difference is amazing also the lift away is brill for doing the stairs as you don't have to struggle with the entire vacuum body.

Soldato
Got a Shark NZ801UK and it's epic, replaced a DC04 Dyson and the difference is amazing also the lift away is brill for doing the stairs as you don't have to struggle with the entire vacuum body.
got the same, it's a cracker. like i said on another thread it's scary how much dust it pulled up - i thought my old vac was doing a canny job, turns out i've been living in filth :D

Soldato
I switched from a Dyson DC33 to a Shark IZ251 (the cordless with 2 batteries and a separate charger) in December. I say switched - the intention was to keep both so we could still use the Dyson for a 'proper' hoovering. Except it quickly became apparent that the Shark was doing a better job that the Dyson anyway. So we're now using it as our only hoover.
It does a great job, is very easy to handle, and with the second battery always left on charge, when it runs out you just switch them over and carry on.

I would certainly recommend it. Was about £280, but that was a sale price.

Associate
Shark NZ801UK
I'm not the OP, but happened to be looking in the market for a new vacuum cleaner. This NZ801UK has great reviews on the jungle website, so just ordered one as its reduced. However, I'm sure its up and down a lot anyway.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Soldato
I'm not the OP, but happened to be looking in the market for a new vacuum cleaner. This NZ801UK has great reviews on the jungle website, so just ordered one as its reduced. However, I'm sure its up and down a lot anyway.
Thanks for the recommendation.
You're welcome, we ordered in the Black Friday sales but I got a further discount with my Blue Light card, think we paid £145 for it which is an absolute steal

Soldato
Just bought the gf a Dyson v11 Absolute because she wanted one. £600 for a vacuum cleaner, part of me died inside.

Jeez ... I hope you got yourself a 3080 to balance that out :D Never touching Dyson again, they just break with stupid faffy bits that snap off if you breathe near them.

Missus is happy with the Shark upright we got from Currys a couple of years ago. We just have a single cat, so not a huge amount of pet hair to deal with though. Feature she most liked was that the main body detaches easily, which makes doing the stairs far less aggro.

Henrys also rated highly as they're built like brick you-know-what houses. Often see professional cleaners with them and heavy users like Hotels. Simple and effective.

Back
Top Bottom