Snail mail

Caporegime
I've noticed the same thing didn't knock even though I was in. Starting to wonder whats the point of it, the answer is insurance I guess though if no-one signs who's to prove it was actually delivered to me? DPD do knock and ask my name even if theres no longer a signature required.
my postman was leaving the special delivery on the bin shed, giving a knock then posting next doors mail whilst waiting to see if I was in.
since like 3-4 weeks back he just posts them and that's it, no confirming the name of the receiver or anything.

TBH I'm fine with him just posting them but not when you can still see it in the letterbox from outside

the whole special delivery is pretty much a waste of time now if you're the sender it seems.

Associate
I'm in London and it seems to me that I've only been getting postal deliveries every other day for the last two months

It's likely you have been. The business is a shambles right now, but has mostly always been tbf. There's going to be a lot of disappointed people come xmas with the lightlyhood of extended delays.

Associate
We can’t cope now in November let alone at Christmas. Permanently understaffed and now people have to isolate for 2 weeks when they get symptoms. Parcels have gone through the roof as people order stuff they would normally get in the shops. Parcels are getting prioritised over letters so letters are taking much longer then normal right now.

It will depend on each round though, two posties in my office were clearing their walks most days but had a week of and comeback to 3/4 days of work. They won’t clear the back log for weeks.

Associate
OP
Got my tracking from the seller, when typed in it shows delivered on Monday at 10 o'clock. My wife was home at that time, asked the neighbours, no one has the parcel. Posties sign for the parcels they deliver themselves these days. Any ideas what to do?

Soldato
Been fine round here, although I have noticed we now have 2 posties - our normal guy is just doing parcels in the van now, and there's a new girl doing the letters. As above, no signatures anymore though.

Man of Honour
Got my tracking from the seller, when typed in it shows delivered on Monday at 10 o'clock. My wife was home at that time, asked the neighbours, no one has the parcel. Posties sign for the parcels they deliver themselves these days. Any ideas what to do?

Check your local delivery office, postie might have taken it with them.

Man of Honour
I thought this was a reference to the Members Market.

Advertise an item for £80

Get an offer of £30 with 'snail mail/slow post is fine' because you had obviously included hand delivering the item by Taxi and they are saving you a fortune.

Soldato
My experience is they are doing incredible. I love my postie, all my RM stuff gets delivered very quickly! And she leaves it hidden for me if I'm not in. Brilliant. I'm actually leaving her a bottle of wine or two sometime soon, which would never normally cross my mind.

here here. Same for me.

Soldato
Our postie is alright. They’re doing a good job at the moment all things considered from what I can see. But they’ve generally gone down hill since, I don’t know, around 2013...

Associate
so ive just got onto the forums and iv placed an order on the glorious model d matte on offer for 37 pound and vie ordered it on the 11th of Jan at 6 o'clock and its still on not shipped yet and this is my first purchase ion overclock UK and im wondering is this normal and estimated whats the latest it will come because its for my cousins birthday. And i called them for 3+ hours and no answer and i wrote a web note and no answer so iv switched to forums (I ordered with second class)

Don
yeah ive oredered a model d mouse on tuesday the 12th for 2nd class and they havent evene shipped yet i dont know if i should refud

so ive just got onto the forums and iv placed an order on the glorious model d matte on offer for 37 pound and vie ordered it on the 11th of Jan at 6 o'clock and its still on not shipped yet

Which day did you actually order it on, the 11th or the 12th?

Also 2nd class and you are already out of patience? chill winston :)

Back
Top Bottom