**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Just ordered the Pixel 4a, compared with the unlimited contract I am on the upgrade worked out at an extra £288 for the phone. Looking forward to using the camera on this.

[edit] What cases does everyone have on their phone? Undecided whether to get a basic plastic protector type one, flip type or if theres a cool one I've missed.

Last edited:
Associate
One place where the Pixel/Android shines is the notifications. So much better than on iOS and how they are grouped. Add in the AOD and it’s perfect.

Associate
Do I have to wait for EE to give me the feature drop?

I've got the December security patch but stuff like changing the grid layout still isn't showing as an option for me.

Associate
I have 4 banking apps on my phone and face unlock only works with one. It's up to the app developer to incorporate what's required to use face unlock and if they don't then you're knackered.

Why I ended up making a Starling account as it was one that did use it.

Soldato
I have 4 banking apps on my phone and face unlock only works with one. It's up to the app developer to incorporate what's required to use face unlock and if they don't then you're knackered.
Is it the same for all phones using Android or just pixel phones?

I’m wanting to try Android again but reluctant to give up iOS.

Soldato
Bought a Pixel 4XL, about a month after it came out for £479 after cashback at John Lewis, sold it, tried a few other phones.

Bought a second hand one off music magpie last month,good condition, for £284, its now developed a charging problem.

Chatted with google on the phone , its under warranty and eligible for advanced replacement, so they send me the link £829 !!! , i know they don't take the amount, but jeeeez,lol.

Soldato
Is it the same for all phones using Android or just pixel phones?

I’m wanting to try Android again but reluctant to give up iOS.

Basically if an app hasn't incorporated the API to use face unlock then you can't use it. Regardless of the phone. Most let you use the FP scanner but of course the Pixel 4 XL doesn't have one.
And Face Unlock is utterly useless if you're in a shop because it won't work if you have a mask on :rolleyes:

Soldato
Tempted by a 4a 5G over a Pixel 5 as the differences seem minor?
Amazon have a warehouse one for £440 used Like New which they say means brand new but box is damaged? Dont know if I trust that.

Theres few pictures which show the handset and box opened so that makes me think theres a chance theres more to it?

Back
Top Bottom