Snow & walking to work

Soldato
So yesterday the north was deluged with heavy snow and as per usual our clowncils were caught with their pants down in terms of gritting and clearing even the main roads.

My employer, a bus company, ordered drivers to WALK to work 'in case services resumed'

I refused citing that the distance was not reasonable to walk. My usual commute is via dual carriageway and 9.3miles. It would be significantly more via other routes as the dual is a no pedestrian clearway.

They tried to argue that it's less than 10 miles therefore reasonable.

So GD, what would you consider reasonable?

Also, in addtion to this, they expected drivers to sit on buses, out in the bus park, as the offices aren't big enough with covid distancing. So expected to walk in the freezing cold to then sit in it for hours.

Caporegime
So yesterday the north was deluged with heavy snow and as per usual our clowncils were caught with their pants down in terms of gritting and clearing even the main roads.

My employer, a bus company, ordered drivers to WALK to work 'in case services resumed'

I refused citing that the distance was not reasonable to walk. My usual commute is via dual carriageway and 9.3miles. It would be significantly more via other routes as the dual is a no pedestrian clearway.

Also, in addtion to this, they expected drivers to sit on buses, out in the bus park, as the offices aren't big enough with covid distancing. So expected to walk in the freezing cold to then sit in it for hours.
That's ridiculous. 9 miles? If you can't drive. How is it safe to drive a bus ?

Soldato
That is in no way reasonable, I regularly walk 10 miles but not to work, its stupid. 10 miles takes about 3 hours for me and its quite flat here and no snow. I imagine in the snow it would take me 4 hours. I think a 3 miles walk would be reasonable, but for 10 miles you really need proper boots and cold weather clothing in snowy conditions.

Soldato
Hahaha, what a joker. Ask whoever told you that to walk 20mi in the snow and then ask them if they still think its reasonable.

I feel sorry for people that work for such morons and/or moronic companies.

Soldato

c98649a6243694d75c76c73023b3def2.jpg

Soldato
OP
That's ridiculous. 9 miles? If you can't drive. How is it safe to drive a bus ?

About THIS SAFE

9 miles walk that's a crazy distance on a summer's day never mind in snow. Bet it's arriva.

For reasons regarding the company's social media policy I am not willing to divulge, employees have been fired for moaning about the company online.

Completely unreasonable. What do your HR department have to say about it?

You might aswell talk to a brick wall in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom