Pre built system, case fan problem**SUPER LOUD**

Associate
Hi all, i have raised a webnote but I know the guys are under pressure right now and will take awhile to come back. So if you can help I'd appreciate it.

I recieved a prebuilt system on Wednesday, I installed windows, updated drivers all the normal stuff. However I'm having a big issue with the case fans. They spin full speed or close to it...non stop.
The case is a phanteks eclipse drgb, with the 3 front fans. This model doesn't seem to come with a fan controller either.
So I have went via speed fan, asus armory crate for ai tweaker even in q fan in the bios. But can find no way to reduce the speed or set a curve.
In bios I see the following
CPU FAN
AIO
CHASIS 2 (nothing else listed)
Case has the 3 front fans and no other fans installed. So no rear fans, which makes the main body airflow very poor as the front fans all push out the front.

The system as a brief overview:
Phanteke eclipse drgb
Coolermaster aio with the block and fans mounted onto the 3 fans after front. Which may be worsening the probelm.
I7 10700k
3060 ti 8gb
Asus prime z490-p board
16gb 3000mhz ram

In addition to this my 3d mark score seem...underwhelming? Around 10.9k for the system with a similar score for the cpu and gpu. But maybe that was just inflated expectations? I had expected 12 to 13k for this rig based on other users results. But this isn't a huge issue its more the fan issue.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Hi thanks for the reply. Sadly my model is the drgb, which only has the rgb mode and rbg color on the front. I believe its the p400s model that has the fan controller.
Just to check:

• Are the fans PWM 4 pin or regular 3pin? 4pin pwm will allow speed control if plugged into any fan header on the motherboard. Unplug 1 fan now and see how many wires or pins are in the head.
Ideally we need to see how the cables are run and plugged in to determine what we can do to help.

A picture of the current internals would also help to determine the best airflow setup.

Back
Top Bottom