** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Um Gibbo said "Just upgraded 50 MSI Ventus 2X 3070 customers to the Ventus 3X these should ship later this week." in the 30xx update thread. I ordered a MSI Ventus 2X 3070 OC do you think mine will be upgraded or not because its an OC card?

Associate
It makes them no better than the scalpers.

I recon they charge a premium to have to deal with all the abuse they get from people like yourself. Its a bit much to accuse overclockers.co.uk of being scalpers. The current prices are roughly inline with what other retailers are charging (if you can find one that even accepts your money). As mentioned earlier on there have been increased costs from suppliers plus supply chain overhead. Even recently they have had to source a new logistics provider to help fulfill orders to Ireland.

You're getting weekly updates of the supply into OcUK, and updates from customers confirming this supply is going out to fulfil pre-orders. Its like the opposite of scalping. Tbh I don't really believe you think they are scalpers with over 11K posts, it doesn't make sense you'd invest so much time in a company that has unethical business practices.

Associate
Well I didn't actually accuse you of accuse them of being scalpers. I just heavily implied that you where exhibiting the behaviours of someone who is accusing them. That's totally different. Sorry, I'm being a little unhelpful there but I think people should own what they say. If I was a member of staff working here I read your comment as being very abusive tbh regardless of your intent.

You don't have to like every single decision they make, I had a right pop them for how the release of the 5000 series Ryzen CPUs was communicated but scalping is very ugly and a very ugly term to just throw around. OcUK charged the market rate up until they had to stop taking pre-orders. There's a solid chance they will loose money on at least some pre-orders as it stands. They are definitely making *** all margin on the card they sold me.

Soldato
If some cards had changed slightly then nobody would have batted an eyelid, but some cards are £300-£400 over launch price. I don't believe for a moment that they are struggling to make a profit.

Associate
Not sure what cards you're referencing but the card I bought was the ASUS TUF 3080 OC for the original sales price (Which OCuk retained for longer than other retailers). The price increase is approximately 19% for that card. A quick comparison of other UK and DE sites have the card at 60 - 70 Sterling more than OcUK when they stopped pre orders. Gibbo mentioned something like a 14% across the board increase for purchase orders from them fulfilled by ASUS in the new year (which is when my order will be fulfilled obviously). What do you think a retailers margin is like on something like this. For my card they will have to absorb the increase supplier and supply chain costs as well as increased fulfillment costs due to brexit. Electronic goods margin runs at typically less than 10% though obviously that highly depends on the category of goods. A 19% increase seems reasonable.

Anyway, they're not scalpers. If they where scalpers they would have cancelled every single preorder like mine and then resold the stock via a third party platform. Plenty of smaller businesses have been doing that. I think you should withdraw your comment. If you really think they are gangster you should take your business elsewhere.

Soldato
Have to agree re ^ that scalping and adjusting RRP due to manufacturer price increases are two different things. Am I being spectacularly dim though as I'm struggling to find how to order now and I couldn't find how to preorder before. All I've seen is OoS and unavailable messages everywhere. (Apart from fleece-bay scalpers charging 2xRRP for no warranty!)

Soldato
I'd just be happy if I could order one on finance, just so I can get in the queue.

Nowhere is even accepting orders anymore so unless you get one 2nd hand, its pretty much impossible to get one as of now

Associate
It seems that at least some of every card has been shipped to OC except for the PNY XLR8 3070s, regretting choosing this card now 11th in the queue for almost 2 months :’(

Associate
Far better cancelling your order and getting the stock notification discord. I get multiple hits every day for mrrp 3070 and 3060ti. I gave up months ago, but still interesting to see them come through

Permabanned
its still a race to get them though i bet there are tonnes of people on the discord all clammering after them :(

It is a bit of a race, but you've got a far better chance getting a card off that for a resonable price.

I managed to get a 3080 for £570 off it earlier this month (as well as a 6800 a few days before that) that was after trying and clicking links as fast as I could for about a week (I wasn't religiously on the discord, but work on my PC 8 hours a day).

Back
Top Bottom