Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Associate
So I'm 80 odd hrs into this and tbh I've been playing it for something to do at nights whilst I'm offshore rather than enjoying it, a bit of going through the motions, the story hasn't done much for me and I don't enjoy the combat, doesn't feel as fluid as some of the other games, admittedly this is the firs AC that I've played since syndicate, black flag is still my favourite.

Soldato
Soldato
I think its on MS to fix rather then Ubisoft: https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-working-on-fix-for-disconnecting-xbox-series-x-controllers

Other xbox controller work fine (well at least my elite controller and normal Xbox one X pad does) and from above imagine MS need to sort it out.

It's weird, once in game it's 99% fine but in the menus it disconnects right away.

I play at a desk so using a cable isn't an issue for now. But I bought this Series X pad to replace my Xbox One pad as I wanted to use it wirelessly!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Been playing through this, one thing is really starting to annoy me... Their hold back on loot. I've got 30 hours in now and barely any armour... It's really restrictive with the builds you can do as a result.

Yeah I agree the set bonuses could be changed a bit but the lack of items (armour) compared to other releases is odd. Maybe pushing the pay for content packs :(

Man of Honour
Been playing through this, one thing is really starting to annoy me... Their hold back on loot. I've got 30 hours in now and barely any armour... It's really restrictive with the builds you can do as a result.

They sort of overcompensated, some people complained that there was too much loot in Odyssey and they've addressed that by going a little too far in the other direction.

Soldato
I Like that there is less loot. They went overboard with odyssey so that it all became meaningless in the end. Loot was boring as you could transmog everything anyway so it was just a tiny boost in a stat.

I'm valhalla it actually means something and finding a new piece of gear is a big deal.

Soldato
I actually liked the amount of loot in Odyssey. Directly or indirectly you used everything as when you broke stuff down you'd get useful resources to upgrade the Adrestia

I also preferred how the bow was just the bow (IIRC) and it was the arrows you'd change. Felt like the fighting was a lot more fluid because of that (and the ability to switch between weapons mid fight)

Soldato
The game has been running really well for me until today. Had a crash in Vinland and I've had 3 crashes the last 20 minutes trying to do a raid in Sussex.
I had a crash for the first time too where the game froze but audio still running before it closed with a crash message. I've not had a crash until the new patch, GTX 1080 with latest drivers and 3900X.

Associate
I actually liked the amount of loot in Odyssey. Directly or indirectly you used everything as when you broke stuff down you'd get useful resources to upgrade the Adrestia

I also preferred how the bow was just the bow (IIRC) and it was the arrows you'd change. Felt like the fighting was a lot more fluid because of that (and the ability to switch between weapons mid fight)

Not being able to craft arrows is super annoying at first, increasing the arrow count hold was one of my first things to do. I've not upgraded any of the base Raven gear, really haven't felt the need but maybe later on, only 20 hours of play so far.

Soldato
Not being able to craft arrows is super annoying at first, increasing the arrow count hold was one of my first things to do. I've not upgraded any of the base Raven gear, really haven't felt the need but maybe later on, only 20 hours of play so far.

yeah it's actually one of my bigger gripes as I basically use the Hunter bow for 90% of my kills!

I've been playing the game in my own way as I like to just explore mostly but I'm now really over powered compared to the story. The story arc I'm on is currently power 130... I'm 206 lol

Associate
So I'm currently 39 in the initial 20 region, just by working the area, most advice I've seen on reviews is to stick with main story and do the blue side quests but otherwise skip the rest. Though I'm a sucker for dots ("omg gold!", "oh an artifact!")

Associate
Can anybody help me with this please?

I'm missing just one tablet to win the 'Excalibur' sword but am unsure which one I have'nt got or how to identify the ones I have. Is there any way to know which one I have'nt got and know where to find it?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom