Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
I think you need an extra 120mm mount but it does mount vertically as that's how I've set it up. If you are hunting for it I think you need to look for "Aquacomputer fan bracket 120 mm for ULTITUBE" which is the mount for the D5 Next.

RIght thanks for that, think i've found it. Does seem like there wont be much space between it and the fan so might try some spacers.

I think I read that somewhere someone mentioned the D5 NEXT pump can track flow rate but only with Aquacomputer fluid, but I cant see any fluid on their site!

Associate
RIght thanks for that, think i've found it. Does seem like there wont be much space between it and the fan so might try some spacers.

I think I read that somewhere someone mentioned the D5 NEXT pump can track flow rate but only with Aquacomputer fluid, but I cant see any fluid on their site!

It uses a virtual flow meter so it's not that accurate - I'm not bothering with it and I'm going to pick up a proper flow meter in the near future.

Mind you I'm also going to replace the Quadro I'm using to control the fans with a aquaero 6 I picked up from the bay a couple of weeks ago.

Associate
Does anyone have a Farbwerk 360 / could advise on the aRGB side of things? Basically I have 9 aRGB fans coming for a new build and I'd like to control them all individually. I have just ordered an Aqua Computer Octo from OC to cover the fans.
For the aRGB I was thinking of ordering the Farbwerk 360. These have 4 x aRGB channel which can each control 90 LEDs.

But, do I need a channel / fan to control them? or can I control more than one fan / channel? I know I could put a splitter on and have multiple fans on each channel, but assume that I would then not be able to control each one individually? ie each fan aRGB connected to the same would do the same thing. Or can I connect them together in a way that they would be individually controlled? :confused:

Associate
I dont think you need the additional farbwerk. let someone else confirm but you can daisy chain them to the 2 argb ports on the octo. then each individual fan or whatever is defined in software by adding the number of leds it has. I have an octo and a ton of stuff but i havent put it together yet so I'm not 100% on it yet.

Associate
I was really confused at first too, and like I say I have an octo but I haven't built my pc yet for obvious reasons. My understanding (or lack thereof) is that say you have 10 rgb fans which each have 9 leds. You can daisychain them all together say 5 on each or all on one channel and then within the software you would set
device 1 = led 1-9,
device 2 = led 10-19,
and so on...

Associate
I was really confused at first too, and like I say I have an octo but I haven't built my pc yet for obvious reasons. My understanding (or lack thereof) is that say you have 10 rgb fans which each have 9 leds. You can daisychain them all together say 5 on each or all on one channel and then within the software you would set
device 1 = led 1-9,
device 2 = led 10-19,
and so on...

OK, so that makes sense but, and this is the bit I am stuck on, is what do I need to do to daisy chain the rgb signals on fans. Is the splitter cable that comes with them capable of doing it? Because for PWM splitters each fan would get the same signal so if rgb splitters work the same can you control each one independently.

Or am I making up a problem that doesn’t exist?:confused:

Associate
Well i bought a RGBpx connection cable which you lug into the octo, then a RGBpx adapter for components with 3-pin RGB connector (5VDG, 5V) which you plug into the cable and that gives you a standard argb port. so 2 of each if you use both rgpx pors

Associate
Yes but how you do daisy chain your fans? Corsair RGB has 4 pins in order to daisy chain the data line. Most ARGB is 3 pin though.

Exactly, this is what I am confused about.

Buying from aqua computer is a pain because of shipping costs, I want to buy once if possible. I got what I can from OC but they don’t have much in stock.

Soldato
Exactly, this is what I am confused about.

Buying from aqua computer is a pain because of shipping costs, I want to buy once if possible. I got what I can from OC but they don’t have much in stock.
Buying anything is a pain i want another quadro or even a octo but been told no stock for at least 2 months and they are taking pre orders for them. Which means they haven't been made and they don't even hold any stock. Getting almost anything aquacomputer related at the minute is like looking for hens teeth

Associate
Buying anything is a pain i want another quadro or even a octo but been told no stock for at least 2 months and they are taking pre orders for them. Which means they haven't been made and they don't even hold any stock. Getting almost anything aquacomputer related at the minute is like looking for hens teeth
Yeah, I got the octo from OC whilst they had them. Someone did say that if you order from aquacomputer even if it says out of stock, then it can come much more quickly, so maybe worthwhile just doing it and seeing what happens? When I was looking, OC randomly got them in stock. It's annoying you can't get stock notifications from the OC website.

Associate

I have a Quadro that I don't need anymore as I switch to an aquaero 6 when I rebuilt over Christmas.

Associate
Yes but how you do daisy chain your fans? Corsair RGB has 4 pins in order to daisy chain the data line. Most ARGB is 3 pin though.

I ended up getting an Octo and 2 x Farbwerk controllers so I can control 8 fans PWM and rgb individually. I tried using the cable provided with the fans and you can’t daisy chain fans to one output and control them individually even though they can each technically handle 90 leds. Just in case anyone was wondering!

Associate
Morning all.

I've upgraded to a 5800X and X570 Tomahawk. All set up and it's going good, however, I've noticed my XT 6 doesn't get power at standby. I've looked for USB power options in BIOS but can't find anything. Can anyone help?

Soldato
Morning all.

I've upgraded to a 5800X and X570 Tomahawk. All set up and it's going good, however, I've noticed my XT 6 doesn't get power at standby. I've looked for USB power options in BIOS but can't find anything. Can anyone help?
I thought the Aquaero was powered from 12V?

So it was working before but presumably you have a new board, and same power supply?

Soldato
Anyone know if there is a way to get sensor data from a quadro or octo into msi afterburner. The graphing on aquasuite is pants and I want to do a longer graph of water temp during gaming sessions. Aquasuite seems limited to 15 minutes despite any changes I make to the graph I can only make the interval and length shorter.

Back
Top Bottom