Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
Received my AMVR grips today. I knew before buying that it's a hard plastic rather than silicone but I was expecting it to be a little tacky still.
It's not really any different than just the controller in terms of feel, however the elasticed strap makes it still worthy of the purchase.
Makes it secure and comfortable. I don't like using the wrist strap so with this, I've taken it off.

Soldato
I went with the Kiwi grips (pro design), I had Kiwi grips back when I had the original quest and liked them so figured I would give their new design a try and very happy with them.

It was mostly in Half Life Alyx I appreciated them, opening your hand when pushing open a door was a small thing but added to the immersion.

I received these today as well, really impressed. Good texture to them, very grippy and the velcro strap allows you to adjust the fit perfectly.

Soldato
Is the strap secure enough? I went with the elasticated strap because I watched a review saying you can have it as tight as you want it without it cutting off circulation and still have the freedom to move the fingers freely, whereas the velcro ones if you have it at ideal tightness, it restricts your fingers, but too loose and it's not as secure as you'd like.

Soldato
sorry for a question that's probably answered a million times - link cable alternatives, is there a generally agreed upon go to? did try some of the links in the op but they don't seem to take me to any posts that make mention of cables for some reason.

Soldato
OP
sorry for a question that's probably answered a million times - link cable alternatives, is there a generally agreed upon go to? did try some of the links in the op but they don't seem to take me to any posts that make mention of cables for some reason.

They should take you to relevant posts :(.

I think there's a 20ft newzero (newzerol?) that seems to be a pretty good one.

EDIT - All the links work for me...

Soldato
They should take you to relevant posts :(.

I think there's a 20ft newzero (newzerol?) that seems to be a pretty good one.

EDIT - All the links work for me...
not sure why, but when i click on the links i am just taken to unrelated posts. have tried scolling up and down a few posts but still not seeing owt. wonder if it's to down with number of posts per page i have it set to?!

Soldato
not sure why, but when i click on the links i am just taken to unrelated posts. have tried scolling up and down a few posts but still not seeing owt. wonder if it's to down with number of posts per page i have it set to?!

Does the first cable link on the first post not take you to post #186?

Soldato
OP

Potentially. Seems daft to have a post number system that relies on pages rather than just a straight up post number.

Soldato
OP
I've been looking at the amvr facial pack, those little side pieces look like exactly what I need, and I like the idea of a thin foam to get closer and increase fov. Might have to get it...

Soldato
Ive read a few issues with the AMVR interface saying that because the plastic is orange it lets light in and you get an orange glow inside the headset.
Ive got the VR cover myself but just a warning for people thinking of purchasing the AMVR one.

Back
Top Bottom