LG G1 OLED 2021, now in 42 inch size

Caporegime
42” will be perfect for me and my gaming setup. I have a 32” lcd that I’m using with my Xbox series x so having a 42” oled will be the icing on the cake.
Hope it keeps the same features as the CX and adds a few more.

Will be interesting to see the price point that it will launch at.

Caporegime
LG are really pushing them as gaming screens so it should easily have all of last years features and more. Apparently, they've got some tech that recognises the type of game you're playing and makes adjustments, whether that comes with the cost of additional input lag etc remains to be seen. They really do look like a step up from the models we've had the past 2-3 years. New interface, new remote, new tech, brighter display, the list goes on.

Associate
42" is even better then the 48" for my lounge and maybe as a monitor. This is going to be really popular and good to see LG are pushing smaller OLED size.
Its strange that no other vendors seems to want to pursue this market as Sony as sticking with last years 48" model and that's about it from everyone else.

Soldato
I'm hoping this will fit in the very cramped TV space that I have. I'm not replacing my current telly right now though, as I don't watch that much telly these days & I'm waiting for the old one to go pop.

You’ve just jinxed yourself! Unless that was your aim all along!

rumour is 1200 for the 42. Think that’s a bit over what I’d want to ideally pay but it’s still rather tempting

Soldato
No 42” TV has been announced, LG display don’t just make panels for TV’s they make 31.5” panels too but that doesn’t mean we are getting a TV in that size.

42” is more likely to be a monitor.

Soldato
No 42” TV has been announced, LG display don’t just make panels for TV’s they make 31.5” panels too but that doesn’t mean we are getting a TV in that size.

42” is more likely to be a monitor.

Indeed, caught me out at start too. As you say, Its LG display who have produced and will offer the panel. LG Electronics, the arm which sells LG TV's has not confirmed that they are actually selling them AFAIK.

Will the g1 be better than the cx ? Thanks

I would expect it to be, some minor refinements, similar to 2020 vs 2019 (though 2020 did lose some features vs 2019) and in case of the Evo line, a decent step up this year looking at the increased peak brightness for specular highlights.

Soldato
Designation of an oled panel as a monitor would seem to make any warranties related to burn-in more problematic, since a monitor could legitimately/predominately be used for static images;
the $$$ 31.5" panel is JOLED , no ? whatever that is, maybe they have different ageing characteristics.

Soldato
Designation of an oled panel as a monitor would seem to make any warranties related to burn-in more problematic, since a monitor could legitimately/predominately be used for static images;
the $$$ 31.5" panel is JOLED , no ? whatever that is, maybe they have different ageing characteristics.

yeah afaik if I recall that 31.5” panel for the LG monitor would not be sourced from LG display ram, but JOLED. Said vendor uses that display tech in professional equipment like medical monitors where I imagine burn in is an absolute no no. Also looking at some specs released HDR400 so brightness toned down and it has a slightly different contrast ratio to the current OLEDs (non infinite) so suspect as you say the characteristics are not going to be the exact same as what we see from current OLEDs on the market but be interesting to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom