• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Very quiet on the Strix 3080 OC front this week. 7 places in 7 days.

28/10 - 1110
06/11 - 1022
13/11 - 955
20/11 - 921
27/11 - 879
04/12 - 846
11/12 - 800
14/12 - 791
19/12 - 746
24/12 - 729
08/01 - 628
15/01 - 621

OcUK Staff
12 places this week on 3080 TUF (non-OC).
From 1076 -> 1064

I genuinely wonder if OcUK ever imagine they're going to clear 1000+ more places?

Not at current rate of deliveries the manufacturers are simply letting the whole world down with getting stock to resellers in decent volumes. They either truly cannot manufacturer enough product or they are simply selling to miners direct and I seriously do hope it’s not the latter!

Ive seen reports in the press how several mining farms have expanded and I’ve also seen how NVIDIA and AMD are promising supply to improve in March and April, I seriously do hope this is true because I speak for all resellers worldwide we need at least 10-100x more input stock wise to be able to clear back orders down.

The fact we still have back orders on our system still waiting from hour one, day one of launch is really terrible. So we truly hope the volumes massively ramp up and soon!

This is why we’re no longer willing to take any more back orders on graphics cards as people call in constantly chasing their orders and some customers will send several email and we notes per day which is just causing a massive back log and massive delays all round.

We’re not complaining business is fantastic but it’s extremely difficult right now and that is why we ask people to be patient and not to call in or contact customer services asking when we expect more stock.

We ask people to please wait or cancel your order using the online form.

Permabanned
I'd argue that most companies are just shafting the UK in general right now. We're being informed of delays for incoming stuff many times every day, some companies on whom we rely have completely stopped shipping to the UK, courier companies such as UPS have suspended road service to the UK completely. Everybody is in the same boat until the damn Brexit bureaucracy is sorted and the customs backlogs ease
Ah ok fair, any idea on the whole queue part? Like area we just getting flung to the back of the queue or at least moving a long with whatever cards do get sent out?

Associate
Thing is, I'm sitting on a discords etc., to get stock alerts to try to get one and we still see folks immediately ebaying the cards they get even now. Half of the last FE drop ended up immediately on ebay and FB marketplace

OcUK Staff
I'd argue that most companies are just shafting the UK in general right now. We're being informed of delays for incoming stuff many times every day. Some companies on whom we rely have completely stopped shipping to the UK. Courier companies such as UPS have suspended road service to the UK completely. Everybody is in the same boat until the damn Brexit bureaucracy is sorted and the customs backlogs ease

Exactly this being waiting on a custom mirror from Poland with UPS since December due to the issues Brexit has caused, I’m not calling UPS or complaining and I’m not chasing the supplier in Poland because they are doing their best and well it will arrive when it arrived and for now I’ll do with cheap rubbish mirror lol.

Associate
Not at current rate of deliveries the manufacturers are simply letting the whole world down with getting stock to resellers in decent volumes. They either truly cannot manufacturer enough product or they are simply selling to miners direct and I seriously do hope it’s not the latter!

Ive seen reports in the press how several mining farms have expanded and I’ve also seen how NVIDIA and AMD are promising supply to improve in March and April, I seriously do hope this is true because I speak for all resellers worldwide we need at least 10-100x more input stock wise to be able to clear back orders down.

The fact we still have back orders on our system still waiting from hour one, day one of launch is really terrible. So we truly hope the volumes massively ramp up and soon!

This is why we’re no longer willing to take any more back orders on graphics cards as people call in constantly chasing their orders and some customers will send several email and we notes per day which is just causing a massive back log and massive delays all round.

We’re not complaining business is fantastic but it’s extremely difficult right now and that is why we ask people to be patient and not to call in or contact customer services asking when we expect more stock.

We ask people to please wait or cancel your order using the online form.

Totally get it - I don't blame you.

I really super double hope they're not going to miners. BTC mining is hilariously bad for the planet and I'm fundamentally opposed to it. If THAT is what's stopping me getting my 3080 then I'm triple upset!

Associate
I can only hope that EVENTUALLY the 3080 Ventus gets a reasonable upgrade at best since clearly this card no longer exists. That or an option to upgrade to a new price bracket since we all spent so long queueing, honestly at this point I couldn't give a **** if I have to pay x amount to receive an upgrade. All I really wanted was a non-rgb card lol.

Associate
Ah ok fair, any idea on the whole queue part? Like area we just getting flung to the back of the queue or at least moving a long with whatever cards do get sent out?

I can tell you from said Discords that folks in the EU are generally jealous of the UK - we've generally had more FE cards for example.
EU are getting a trickle of cards too but I don't think it's really more than the UK.

Permabanned
If you mean upgrades?

If a model of card is to be upgraded they are done in queue order of that model.
No no I mean for any of the orders from Ireland, like me, are we going to keep our position and move along as normal and only have it dispatch when you guys are actually able to dispatch it.

Permabanned
I can tell you from said Discords that folks in the EU are generally jealous of the UK - we've generally had more FE cards for example.
EU are getting a trickle of cards too but I don't think it's really more than the UK.
Ya, in ireland its literally impossible to get pc stuff unless you go through the UK.

If this is true then Nv and AMD have a lot to explain shoveling production shortages worldwide down our throats but the miners seem to be quids in!

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo I think people are slightly temperamental at the moment, due to very little progress being made in queue's. I also hope and do believe most people appreciate the transparency and generosity OcUK have had, however I don't think many people understand the full scale of all the orders, and where certain card queue's are sitting. It might be worth making a thread that (like the other update threads) specifically shows each cards current total queue and depending on what is allowed to be public perhaps the rate or number of cards per week/month that have been shipped in from suppliers to retail.

Associate
If this is true then Nv and AMD have a lot to explain shoveling production shortages worldwide down our throats but the miners seem to be quids in!
I'd bet it's mainly miners buying in bulk from organised scalpers, I have a friend who scalps sneakers and he literally sells to people in the 100s of pairs each. And these sneakers are supposed to be super "limited". I wouldn't be surprised if such a market exists for GPUs atm. It's crazy how they get stock but there's all sorts of things going on in the market to make it perfectly realistic.

If a miner is willing to pay 10-20%+ markup on a bulk of a 100+ GPUs then I can definitely see it being a possibility.

OcUK Staff
I ordered my 3080 Ventus around middle of September 2020. I'm upset too that it's taking this long, currently 370-something in the queue, but it's sods law and something we have to deal with.

I'm happy to pay the difference too, but then that wouldn't be fair on other customers.

The problem we have right is:

3090 Ventus was only around 20 back orders and we have 100+ on 3090 Suprim, we also never sold 3090 at MSRP so we were able to upgrade those Ventus to Suprim and still break even.

3070 Ventus 2X have been upgraded to Ventus 3X, no 3070’s have been upgraded to Suprim.

On the 3080 we have far more back orders on Gaming X compared to Ventus. Also as we sold 3080 Ventus at MSRP which we quickly learned was a fake MSRP which board partners could not truly hit means that Ventus cards now lose us money as such upgrading them to a Suprim is out the question as the we would lose a lot of money per card. The problem is right now even for those are happy to pay extra we literally have no resources available to allow customers being called to offer upgrades and then take payment as customer services are all tied up.

The 3080 Gaming X we sold at £770 so we have the ability to upgrade those to Suprim cards and still make a small profit, about £15 per card whereas to upgrade Ventus to Suprim we lose around £100 per card so it’s really not possible.

If I knew customers would not be so brand loyal or get totally upset then in the future I can look at changing MSI Ventus cards to other similar cards like Gigabyte Eagle, KFA2, Zotac Trinity and other brands where the back orders are nearly cleared but as we can’t call customers to just do these changes could cause just as much upset as some customers are extremely brand loyal.

MSI Ventus 3080 situation is absolutely terrible that they are shipping so few into retail, we currently have around 500 back orders.

However MSI GPU product manager changed this week to someone with many more years experience and someone I personally know and I have communicated to her if she can try to work some magic on this Ventus situation and she has promised to look into it.

The fact is with upgrades we shall make some people happy and some people even more upset as we simply cannot please everyone we’re just trying to do our best and be fair and logical about it.

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo I think people are slightly temperamental at the moment, due to very little progress being made in queue's. I also hope and do believe most people appreciate the transparency and generosity OcUK have had, however I don't think many people understand the full scale of all the orders, and where certain card queue's are sitting. It might be worth making a thread that (like the other update threads) specifically shows each cards current total queue and depending on what is allowed to be public perhaps the rate or number of cards per week/month that have been shipped in from suppliers to retail.

I don't see it happening but that would be so good. I wanna see some graphs!

I just saw someone who ordered a Zotac card from OcUK in early October and they have moved from position 28 to 3 today. So even though ASUS are being dicks, they have moved about 1000 pieces since October whereas Zotac have moved 25 (!!)

EDIT: update- apparently 15, the other 10 were cancellations...

Back
Top Bottom