Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I got declined on klarna for a pixel 5 at launch as well. Very fishy as credit rating is excellent. And I'm sure I lost a few points because of it. Wouldn't touch that company with a barge pole. Apparently they screwed up the Xbox pre orders as well.

They are starting to make headway in the UK market but recent screw ups have damaged them.

Soldato
I got declined on klarna for a pixel 5 at launch as well. Very fishy as credit rating is excellent. And I'm sure I lost a few points because of it. Wouldn't touch that company with a barge pole. Apparently they screwed up the Xbox pre orders as well.

I'm glad in a way that it seems common for this particular case.

Had me really worried but without sounding like a knob, my rating is great.

It sort of seemed like it went through twice so wonder what that will do to the old rating :/, hung on the page, and sort of refreshed and declined again God knows

As I'm now buying out right, is the 4a 5G good enough?

I cant really see a huge difference between them? Please enlighten me as to if it's worth the higher price etc

Anyone know where the light sensor is. Lately my phones has just gone randomly dark and I have to manually change the settings to get it viewable again.

Not sure if the latest patch fixed this as it hasn't happened last couple days and understand the patch was meant to solve the light sensor issues, but just curious now where it is should it happen again

Soldato
Anyone know where the light sensor is. Lately my phones has just gone randomly dark and I have to manually change the settings to get it viewable again.

Not sure if the latest patch fixed this as it hasn't happened last couple days and understand the patch was meant to solve the light sensor issues, but just curious now where it is should it happen again
I'm having the same issues.

Associate
The Sage is brilliant colour. The texture on the back is interesting.

Screen protector is a yes from me. Again Spigen do a dual pack incase one cracks at some point.

I wanted the Fabric case which had on the Pixel 2 for over three years but will grab one when they go cheap.

Spigen Liquid Air seems to offer decent grip with the print on the back.

Soldato
The Sage is brilliant colour. The texture on the back is interesting.

Screen protector is a yes from me. Again Spigen do a dual pack incase one cracks at some point.

I wanted the Fabric case which had on the Pixel 2 for over three years but will grab one when they go cheap.

Spigen Liquid Air seems to offer decent grip with the print on the back.

Thanks! I did notice theres a Clear Spigen case too. Seems a shame to have gone sage only to never actually see the colour

Associate

I commented on this (among other things) on here last week or so. It's under the screen and yes it's rubbish. I've given up now and just manually set the brightness.

Last edited:
Associate
Macro mode for the camera - as in dedicated close up mode. Was really surprised the P5 didn't have one but overall the camera output is amazing so not a massive gripe.

That and a telephoto! I like the Pixel 5 but if the next one has more camera features, it'll be an early upgrade for me this time around. Although like you, I can't at all gripe about the overall image quality and the lack of telephoto isn't quite the hindrance I thought, although the flagship Samsungs are pulling away in that respect.

That looks smart, very different
Thought the same, but didn't like how much it looks like it goes over the screen as it looks too raised.

Also I'm scared as my p2 was in a case and the first one I had got all scratched up only where the case was around the edge. The rest was fine and stupidly had I not put it in a case it'd been better condition, so I'm hesitant to do the same again

Associate
Thought the same, but didn't like how much it looks like it goes over the screen as it looks too raised.

Also I'm scared as my p2 was in a case and the first one I had got all scratched up only where the case was around the edge. The rest was fine and stupidly had I not put it in a case it'd been better condition, so I'm hesitant to do the same again

The case doesn't go over any part of the visible area of the screen, and with a tempered screen protector it's only slightly raised. It's definitely not a chunky case.

Regarding scratching from a case, I've had that in the past. Due to my job I can end up with dust and grit in the pockets of my work trousers which would somehow find its way in between the phone and the case and mark it around the edges. To avoid this I put a skin on my phone. Since I've started doing this my phones have always been immaculate when I remove the case and skin a year or 2 later when i upgrade and sell it on. They aren't expensive, just a little fiddly to put on but worth it if you're concerned of scratching/marking it.
For example: https://www.xtremeskins.co.uk/products/google-pixel-5-skins?variant=33090901737535

Soldato
The case doesn't go over any part of the visible area of the screen, and with a tempered screen protector it's only slightly raised. It's definitely not a chunky case.

Regarding scratching from a case, I've had that in the past. Due to my job I can end up with dust and grit in the pockets of my work trousers which would somehow find its way in between the phone and the case and mark it around the edges. To avoid this I put a skin on my phone. Since I've started doing this my phones have always been immaculate when I remove the case and skin a year or 2 later when i upgrade and sell it on. They aren't expensive, just a little fiddly to put on but worth it if you're concerned of scratching/marking it.
For example: https://www.xtremeskins.co.uk/products/google-pixel-5-skins?variant=33090901737535

I have the same issue, engineering workshop.

Gets a bit messy at times. I'm surprised I've never broke a device tbh.

The bits get behind the cases and rub over time causing more damage than without a case :D but obviously no drop or impact protection without.

Back
Top Bottom