Top vent dust filter (Define C)

Associate
I've got a Fractal define C, which has a removable panel over the top grill. I think it came with a dust filter to replace the panel, but I can't find it for the life of me.

I've just added an AIO with the cooler located here, are there any standard solutions for dust filtering? I've been really impressed with how well the other dust filters have worked and I'd really like to keep it dust free inside.

50834667686_7fb7eca0c6_c.jpg

Associate
Email Fractal and see if they are feeling generous. Offer to pay and they might send you one for free. either way is win.

Failing that, get some self adhesive magnetic tape and filter mesh to make your own.

Associate
Previously, when used a Fractal Design R2 XL, twice contacted them for bits that stopped working and a replacement was sent quite quickly.
Few years ago, but customer service was great.
Another option, try looking for a second case dirt cheap for spares.

Soldato
Why do you need a filter on exhaust? You're just impeding airflow for no reason.

100% agree dust filters should be on intake only.

Also any dust that could fall into the case by gravity (this is only reason I can see to even think about outtake filter) will be blown out by the fans next time computer switched on.

Permabanned
I don' think they are supplied with filters. I had two of those cases and I can clearly remember removing the plastic plates on the top and I am pretty sure there was nothing underneath them.

Associate
OP
Why do you need a filter on exhaust? You're just impeding airflow for no reason.

It's not an exhaust. As per Corsair's recommendation, it's configured as an intake.

I don' think they are supplied with filters. I had two of those cases and I can clearly remember removing the plastic plates on the top and I am pretty sure there was nothing underneath them.

Yeah there was definitely nothing underneath, I vaguely remember something separate in the box.

In the end, I found a Define C mini on eBay to use for another build and that came with a piece of mesh with magnets on the bottom, so that worked out well :)

Back
Top Bottom