Annoying mouse behaviour

Associate
Hi,

For a while now I have hugely annoying mouse behaviour - it is not immediately responding to movement. After a second or two of inactivity it takes her about an inch or two of mouse move to actually start moving cursor again. It is especially visible in FPS games wher I literally can't play.

Mouse is Corsair Dark Core RGB with f/w 3.36 (newest), connected via USB cable, wireless dongle is disconnected from PC. Surface calibration done few days ago as part of troubleshooting, have moved it between different USB ports as well. iCUE is in ver 3.37, updated today, no change.

Anyone has any thoughts??

Soldato
Hi,

For a while now I have hugely annoying mouse behaviour - it is not immediately responding to movement. After a second or two of inactivity it takes her about an inch or two of mouse move to actually start moving cursor again. It is especially visible in FPS games wher I literally can't play.

Mouse is Corsair Dark Core RGB with f/w 3.36 (newest), connected via USB cable, wireless dongle is disconnected from PC. Surface calibration done few days ago as part of troubleshooting, have moved it between different USB ports as well. iCUE is in ver 3.37, updated today, no change.

If its not an issue with your surface which I doubt, then it sounds like the sensor might be faulty.

Associate
Hi,

Try turning off all things to do with power management on USB ports ( In control panel > power options & device manager > universal serial bus controllers ).

Associate
OP
It must have been something to do or with my VMWare Workstation, cause I was doing a lot of it lately and it was misbehaving immediately after when I used more than 60Gb RAM, or with something on sensor, cause it has now started to work fairly normally.
I did cleaned sensor despite not seing anything there and not been using VMWare for last week as I have now on-prem shifts (there's few of us in team and we have one person onsite and rest from home on per-rota basis), and was not running it for whole day as before..
@Loxa - I was quite convinced I had it turned off, as it was something I usually do and know about - until I looked and realized all power savings were actually enabled, so this has now been actioned.

May also be something to do with 14-15h of desktop working everyday for last few weeks..

Back
Top Bottom