• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Exactly this being waiting on a custom mirror from Poland with UPS since December due to the issues Brexit has caused, I’m not calling UPS or complaining and I’m not chasing the supplier in Poland because they are doing their best and well it will arrive when it arrived and for now I’ll do with cheap rubbish mirror lol.
The thing is nothing has changed really, yes boundaries changed, but companies still there, postal services still there, half the problem is that the companies and postal companies are so scared of losing a few quid here and there that they immediately panic, throw their hands in the air and give up ! (I thought there was meant to be a grace period) a bit sad! i hope your shiny mirror, is it for a yellow vehicle! turns up soon! thanks to all at OCUK for your continued hard work.:p

Permabanned
I would love some clarity on my order since it is supposedly on hold and no idea if my queue no is worthless now or not so I can decide to just cancel it because if I am at the back of the Strix OC queue then theres no point in being in it tbh

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
There is no obligation at all and up to today I was accepting that the GAMING ones got the SUPRIM rather than the ventus but we now have a situation where the 3070 AND the 3090 are being upgraded but the 3080 are not, thats simply unfair and was inevitably going to attract the ire of 3080 ventus customers who paid their money just like everyone else. There have been multiple Ventus customers that have offered to pay the difference to be moved to SUPRIM as well but they were dismissed as "budget focused"

I am very patient and understanding but this is a slap in the face tbh.
IF you continue to take Gibbo's attempts to help customers that he is realistically able to help as a personal insult. Then choose to come here to vent about that don't you think that action is going to make it ess likely that we do more of it in future? Don't ruin it for others because you are feeling upset, that comes across as entitlement.

The 3080 situation is vastly different to the 3070 & 3090 situations.

The queues for 3080 are many, many times larger than the queues for the 3070 & 3090. We're talking about over 600 customers compared to less than a hundred.
The supply on 3070 & 3090 is vastly more than the supply on 3080 so we had more possibility to act.
Most, if not all 3070 & 3090 were sold above MSRP so the upgrades could be done without costing the company many thousands of pounds in losses. Most 3080 Ventus were sold at very little profit and the 3080 Ventus is a very expensive card. If/when we are able to do an upgrade for customers who bought a Ventus I guarantee that we will be losing a fair chunk of money on every single one.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't see it happening but that would be so good. I wanna see some graphs!

I just saw someone who ordered a Zotac card from OcUK in early October and they have moved from position 28 to 3 today. So even though ASUS are being dicks, they have moved about 1000 pieces since October whereas Zotac have moved 25 (!!)

EDIT: update- apparently 15, the other 10 were cancellations...

@kazaroth yeah, wish I ordered the ASUS now! ah well hindsight is a ****

Associate
Well I’m not been rude here but there is not a lot I can do, nearly all staff are working from home including myself.

If you contacting customer service then please let it be for a solid reason, if it’s for a queue update or to cancel or try changing an order please don’t do that as they have less info on shipments typically then the information posted here.

Only contact customer service if it’s urgent like a mistake on an order, otherwise please try to be patient and just wait or if it’s to cancel and get a refund use the online form as we aim to complete all refunds within 48hrs.
I'd say having zero info on my order that was on its way to me last week that is worth over 800 euro and I have waited over 4 months for patiently as pretty urgent yea. Also i have been trying to get said info for the last week through webnote and phone no replies till today on webnote where I was sent the form I already filled out last week and they didn't even read my webnote

I'd bet it's mainly miners buying in bulk from organised scalpers, I have a friend who scalps sneakers and he literally sells to people in the 100s of pairs each. And these sneakers are supposed to be super "limited". I wouldn't be surprised if such a market exists for GPUs atm. It's crazy how they get stock but there's all sorts of things going on in the market to make it perfectly realistic.

If a miner is willing to pay 10-20%+ markup on a bulk of a 100+ GPUs then I can definitely see it being a possibility.

This stuff is pretty sad, im starting to think this is the next tier of sales, scalpers hoover up stock then add -/% to the price.....feel like we are living in Cyberpunk 77!

Associate
@ScottiB Am I right in saying that Gibbo's updates in the announcement thread don't specifically relate to your queues/deliveries on the full systems side? (But I assume follow the same general trend of not enough!). Cheers

Associate
This stuff is pretty sad, im starting to think this is the next tier of sales, scalpers hoover up stock then add -/% to the price.....feel like we are living in Cyberpunk 77!
Indeed, I also know for a fact that there are managers of retailers who deliberately backdoor a lot of stock to scalpers as a side job (for sneakers that is).

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB Am I right in saying that Gibbo's updates in the announcement thread don't specifically relate to your queues/deliveries on the full systems side? (But I assume follow the same general trend of not enough!). Cheers
Gibbo doesn't announce queue information because that's not an easy thing for us to provide. We've had to write an app which pulls that information for the update emails. Gibbo will give updates when he hears concrete information about cards that are being shipped. Exactly when those cards will arrive and how quickly we are able to process them is often up in the air.

ETA's, especially right now, are as stable as a Trump Presidency

Associate
Gibbo doesn't announce queue information because that's not an easy thing for us to provide. We've had to write an app which pulls that information for the update emails. Gibbo will give updates when he hears concrete information about cards that are being shipped. Exactly when those cards will arrive and how quickly we are able to process them is often up in the air.

ETA's, especially right now, are as stable as a Trump Presidency

His Presidency has been consistent, if not actually stable..... ;) I'll leave comment on consistently what for another thread.

Thanks for the information, I wasn't critising his info, just wondering how closely linked the retail / systems situations were.

Associate
:D
That deserves a meme but I've never able to post images properly
WgpdZps

WgpdZps

Made one but imgur link being weird

Associate
Guys, we feel your frustration. It's not a stretch to say that almost every delivery that we've had as a company since New Year has been delayed and the situation is getting worse not better. It feels as though nobody is able to give solid updates on anything, not just GPUs.

You probably know about shortages on CPU & PSU but there are also shortages on a wide variety of peripherals, shortages on RAM and SSDs, there are even shortages on the most benign things imaginable. We have a £2 cable which we use in systems which Akasa now inform us they are unable to supply more for two months at least.

We as a company are fighting daily to secure stock on all of these shortage items and Gibbo, being responsible for CPU, RAM, SSD & GPU is obviously under the most pressure. I'm trying to help where I can, I spent over three hours in the last two days on the phone to five people from just one company regarding GPU supply and I don't have any more solid information than I did on Wednesday.

Our frustration is real, not imaginary, our stress is real also.

We can't work miracles and the barriers that we are having to navigate feel to be getting bigger, not smaller. You guys know that we're not jobsworths since we post evenings & weekends when we aren't on the clock. So, on a personal note, it's upsetting when somebody accuses us of not caring.

I've said many times before, we don't have the ability to answer every question and when we have an update we'll give it. PLEASE get into the habit of searching for recent posts from either of us before posting a question that may have been answered a few hours and a few pages ago. We don't get daily updates from any company so the answer we gave two days ago is probably the same answer as we'd give today and, as I said, Gibbo is pretty damn prompt with updates posted here when he has it: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

With all that in mind please stop pressing us for the same information and please don't get offended if we ignore your tags. We aren't willing or able to post "sorry, we don't know" fifty times per day.
Completely understandable, I think the lengths you're going to in helping us with our GPU orders is clearly visible & is highly valued amongst the vast majority of us (upgrades, stock information and communication). Without you guys we really would be at a loss lol. It's a shame some people have to resort to calling others out and have an overall lack of respect for the time you guys put in to these forums to keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom