Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
I get the same thing with my Zotac 3090 and the Corsair reference block. Insanely hot backplate but the card runs along nicely at 52 to 55c compared to the mid 70s I was getting on air.

Associate
Hot backplate is a good thing, it means it is effectively taking heat from the components of the card. Apply a bit of airflow across the backplate to further aid with cooling. Core temps on my alphacooled 3080 are lower than my EK'd 1080 despite the 100W greater power draw.
Not necessarily - if you have a good thermal coupling and the backplate is cool, it shows you're dissipating the heat more effectively. If the backplate is hot it stops being an effective heatsink - you need a delta T for heat transfer.

My rear fan is an intake and blows directly over the backplate, which obviously helps. I've now installed the Mp5works too, because I couldn't be bothered returning it :D

Soldato
Was just watching EK livestream, they teased :rolleyes: at the end of the stream the 3090FE block. Looks to be identical to 3080FE block but bigger to account for larger PCB. Not unexpected. They did mention the backplate cooling earlier in video and if that is what caused delay of the block, but seems that its not needed. Seems the thicker grooved backplate should be sufficient. Did also come with both flow through options. Pre-orders up this month then shipping next month though imagine need to be quick to be in first wave!

xkqS7I9.png

Soldato
EK won't say exactly how much the back plate water block helps but mentioned they measured double digit temp improvement on the back memory modules

is it worth it? The back plate water block costs the same as the front block...

Soldato
EK won't say exactly how much the back plate water block helps but mentioned they measured double digit temp improvement on the back memory modules

No idea anyway it appears this is only for the reference block atm so no use to me with my FE.

Soldato

Wow really? If thats true thats taking the ****! I rather just slap a ram block or get other brands for half the price, even more so with ram blocks which can be had for cheap.

Soldato
Wow really? If thats true thats taking the ****! I rather just slap a ram block or get other brands for half the price, even more so with ram blocks which can be had for cheap.

The backplate on my 3090 block is burning hot, but Im not prepared to pay a for a the equivalent of a full block again lol. Might just get a big ass heatsink and thermal pads to help

Last edited:
Soldato
The backplate on my 3090 block is burning hot, but Im not prepared to pay a for a the egivberlent of a full block again lol. Might just get a big ass heatsink and thermal pads to help
Thinking the same haha but i have a watercool block in transit shortly so see how that copes. From the manual i've seen so far they use thermal paste over thermal pads for better contact... its rather messy though.

Soldato
What temps are the VRMs actually reaching with stock backplates? I know people mention its hot, but no specific component temps.

Bitspower blocks for 3080 FE are dropping!

29Ktvjv.jpg

Looks like a little USB stick lol

It really looks like the took there normal FE block and put it all inside another shroud to me heh. Wonder what that key on the bottom is all about. Seen its up on there site though, 9,150.00 TWD / £240 (excl shipping and VAT) vs 4,500.00 / £115 (excl shipping and VAT) for there normal FE blocks.

Soldato
What temps are the VRMs actually reaching with stock backplates? I know people mention its hot, but no specific component temps.

It really looks like the took there normal FE block and put it all inside another shroud to me heh. Wonder what that key on the bottom is all about. Seen its up on there site though, 9,150.00 TWD / £240 (excl shipping and VAT) vs 4,500.00 / £115 (excl shipping and VAT) for there normal FE blocks.
I saw a post over on the EVGA forum where someone installed a ram block to counter the heat, the reported heat output on the stock backplate was touching 97c. Its totally believable as its burning hot, i wouldn't be able to hold it there for longer than a few seconds.

Associate
Yeah...My EK mystic fog fluid became...almost clear after a week that it spent in the loop:rolleyes:

After communication with EK, exchanging all the details, they told me it was bad batch. Don't really see any build up of particles in tubes or blocks, so not sure what happened. I guess bad batch happens :p

Soldato
Well I finally installed the Bykski which I brought for £60 from AliExpress during the 11/11 sale. It took 11 days to arrive. I wasn't charged any custom fees because they put the value as $44 :3

I have the 3080 FE, but they rushed to be the first to release the blocks and mistakenly etched 3090 on the backplate :D

Installation was a breeze however the instruction were very bad. It came with 30 screws which confused me a bit and I ended up using only 12 screws. I also had to buy the Gelid 3mm Thermal pads so the board components can make contact with the backplate.

I was using a custom curve of 881v 1850Mhz with the Original Cooler and would get max temp of 65C while playing Red Dead. Using this block with the same curve it reaches 40C.

iAQN4wg.jpg

1W9tk40.jpg

o7GdUyq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom