Is a Quest 2 the way to go?

Associate
In answer to the topic title, yes. I've owned a dk2, rift cv1 (unbelievably a step back visually, awful God rays), HTC vive, still own a rift s and a g2 and a quest 2. People rave on about the g2 visual clarity, the quest 2 is right up there with it ime. I use the g2 for sims and the quest 2 for wireless fps pcvr games like Alyx via VD.

Soldato
ohh ok - i really should have read up more about the headsets capabilities!! cheers fellas.

now, i wonder is this classed as an essential purchase seeing as i've a 14 mile drive to pick it up if i go for the 64gb version :p;)

FYI, the government hasn't (yet) said you can only go out to make essential purchases:

gov.uk said:
Essential activities
You can leave home to buy things at shops or obtain services where necessary. You may also leave your home to do these things on behalf of a disabled or vulnerable person or someone self-isolating.

The restrictions are on the shops themselves:

gov.uk said:
Businesses and venues which must close
non-essential retail, such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, auction houses (except for auctions of livestock or agricultural equipment) and market stalls selling non-essential goods. These venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected without entering the premises) and delivery services.

PC World, for example, can continue to operate a click-and-collect service. And there are no restrictions over what you can and cannot buy. But you can't buy anything in-store.

This seems to be a common misconception. You're still allowed to go out to buy absolutely anything you like. But you can only do so in stores permitted to open, or by using C&C facilities.

Soldato
OP
In answer to the topic title, yes. I've owned a dk2, rift cv1 (unbelievably a step back visually, awful God rays), HTC vive, still own a rift s and a g2 and a quest 2. People rave on about the g2 visual clarity, the quest 2 is right up there with it ime. I use the g2 for sims and the quest 2 for wireless fps pcvr games like Alyx via VD.
cheers dude, just about to hit 'buy' on the 64gb version for collection tomorrow.....just hoping i don't regret not going 256......but i'm an impatient sod and can't be doing with waiting for it to come back in stock.

Soldato
i'm ni mate, we've been in full lockdown for a week or so now. only supposed to be essential shops open, though it seems currys, argos and the likes are essential (thank **** or no quest for me!)

:(:(

It's the same story in NI; the restrictions are on the retailers, not on their customers. You can leave home "to obtain goods or services from any business permitted to open".

Soldato
OP
It's the same story in NI; the restrictions are on the retailers, not on their customers. You can leave home "to obtain goods or services from any business permitted to open".
Leaving home
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary.
naw sure where the necessary bit comes in with a quest purchase :p but it's click and collect in argos which is in a sainsburys so i'll double it up with a grocery shopping trip

Soldato
naw sure where the necessary bit comes in with a quest purchase :p but it's click and collect in argos which is in a sainsburys so i'll double it up with a grocery shopping trip

Yeah, but then it goes on to define what "where necessary" means, inc. the above quote. It's similar over here.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, but then it goes on to define what "where necessary" means, inc. the above quote. It's similar over here.
Not to derail but therein lies the problem with the ‘rules’ - me buying a quest is 100% completely unnecessary and if it weren’t for the fact I can combine it with a grocery shop I’d just order for delivery and cross my fingers it gets here this side of Halloween.

back on track, the missus is overjoyed I’ve offered to go do a grocery shop tomorrow morning. She’s in for a shock when I return :p

Soldato
Not to derail but therein lies the problem with the ‘rules’ - me buying a quest is 100% completely unnecessary and if it weren’t for the fact I can combine it with a grocery shop I’d just order for delivery and cross my fingers it gets here this side of Halloween.

back on track, the missus is overjoyed I’ve offered to go do a grocery shop tomorrow morning. She’s in for a shock when I return :p

"The shopping was HOW much?!" :D

Soldato
OP
well **** ******* me! only had it a couple of hours and i know i'm gonna be hooked. it even won the wife over, she's been playing the beat saber demo and offered to give me half the money for the headset - i told her to jog on and buy her own!

now i just need to get the longer cable for pcvr (i think that's the abbreviation?) some prescription lenses and a load of games!!

Soldato
well **** ******* me! only had it a couple of hours and i know i'm gonna be hooked. it even won the wife over, she's been playing the beat saber demo and offered to give me half the money for the headset - i told her to jog on and buy her own!

now i just need to get the longer cable for pcvr (i think that's the abbreviation?) some prescription lenses and a load of games!!

Look into paying £15 for virtual desktop too if you've got a half decent wifi setup (especially if it's in a room with more... well... room).

My missus pretty much only agreed to put the headset on because my dad wanted to say hello and talk to her (we meet up in real vr fishing), after he'd been playing with my boy for a while. My boy does enjoy it, and is starting to do OK in beat saber on normal :D, but really enjoys the fishing too.

I've been enjoying mine, but I have to say, playing a proper pcvr game has really turned it up a further notch for me, the graphics are amazing, but the general experience of wandering the world etc is just the only way I want to actually play games now.

Soldato

Whelk erm to the oasis.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom