Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Electric or gas? I already pay a standing charge for electric.
Only electric in the email, but that's because they don't think I'm with them for gas (which makes no sense as yesterday they said I'd only been incorrectly transferred away for electricity...)

It's a tiny reduction p/kWh from 13.12 to 12.91 BUT daily standing charge increasing from 14.00 to 22.00.

Caporegime
Only electric in the email, but that's because they don't think I'm with them for gas (which makes no sense as yesterday they said I'd only been incorrectly transferred away for electricity...)

It's a tiny reduction p/kWh from 13.12 to 12.91 BUT daily standing charge increasing from 14.00 to 22.00.
Thats a good unit rate.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone under 20p a day standing charge.

Associate
Was with Tonik last year when they went bust i think in november? Still waiting for final credit/balance update so i can leave my new supplier that i was automatically put on - Scottish power. In the mean time i am paying a higher rate :/

Soldato
Thats a good unit rate.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone under 20p a day standing charge.

Green have quite a cheap standing charge (oak tariff).

I was looking at Utility Point, but their standing charges are through the roof. I'd be paying an extra £6/mth in SC alone for gas/elec between Green and utility point.

New tariff cost for Green is 15.41p/kWh versus UP at 13.56p/kWh. They've left gas at 3.229p/kWh.

Greens not the cheapest for me anymore, but only by about £4 a month. I think i'll keep an eye on the market over the next couple of months and see if any cheap deals pop up.

Caporegime
Green have quite a cheap standing charge (oak tariff).

I was looking at Utility Point, but their standing charges are through the roof. I'd be paying an extra £6/mth in SC alone for gas/elec between Green and utility point.

New tariff cost for Green is 15.41p/kWh versus UP at 13.56p/kWh. They've left gas at 3.229p/kWh.

Greens not the cheapest for me anymore, but only by about £4 a month. I think i'll keep an eye on the market over the next couple of months and see if any cheap deals pop up.
Referral swung it for me with UP

Soldato
Referral swung it for me with UP

Are you on a fixed tariff with UP?

I probably need to modify my spreadsheet to add in whether a referral bonus would make it any cheaper. If it's £50 for a fixed 12 month tariff, then that's £4.16 a month to reduce the cost with. I guess that'll almost soften the increase in SC.

Caporegime
Are you on a fixed tariff with UP?

I probably need to modify my spreadsheet to add in whether a referral bonus would make it any cheaper. If it's £50 for a fixed 12 month tariff, then that's £4.16 a month to reduce the cost with. I guess that'll almost soften the increase in SC.
Yeah its the fixed one, but its the one where you pay double feb-july then a lesser amount in winter.

Soldato
Yeah its the fixed one, but its the one where you pay double feb-july then a lesser amount in winter.
wow ...that's new to me, so they are putting your money in the bank in the meantime

I probably need to modify my spreadsheet to add in whether a referral bonus would make it any cheaper.
It was the case that green.energy with their low standing charge were cheaper by £50-£100, so you didn't need to play referral games,
that buisness model appealed to me, has no one taken up that baton.

Soldato
Got an email from bulb to tell m me both my old SMET1 meters have now reconnected and are working . I had the monitor hidden behind tv as it only shows meter reading since leaving EON 5 years ago now its fully operational again

I was a bit surprised really that it started working I had forgotten about them.

Back
Top Bottom