The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Cream cheese, about 900g or so of Philadelphia

cheesecake baked yesterday ( 500g masc,crea,egg w/amarettto+shortbread base) + a lemon meringue, using rest of the egg-white+sugar.

CC overflowed during cooking , should have build a bigger wall of tinfoil, scraping baking sheet + bowl wasn't a problem

50836445557_e1a456e7a4_c_d.jpg

now chilled overnight ready for more cream on top ... no coulis, sorry

50838386028_b48bdbefac_c_d.jpg

Caporegime
I didn't grow up in the UK, and have never had a turkey twizzler (only heard about them when Jamie Oliver was doing his school lunches thing).

They are back, so I tried some (chilli and cheese) for the first time.

Not gonna lie, they are bloody yummy!

Soldato
My flatmate asked me to use up what they had left before shopping tomorrow, did chicken ballotine wrapped in black forest ham, a mushroom cream (using soya), broccoli and a hash brown w/ onion.

1612641687117.png

IMG-20210206-195422.png

Soldato
My flatmate asked me to use up what they had left before shopping tomorrow, did chicken ballotine wrapped in black forest ham, a mushroom cream (using soya), broccoli and a hash brown w/ onion.
Oh the old 'just use whats left over in the fridge before we go shopping.'

Most people would be looking at a plain egg omelete, with if they are lucky a suspicous looking onion. But oh no Raikiri goes for.

I know Ill whip up some "chicken ballotine wrapped in black forest ham, a mushroom cream (using soya), broccoli and a hash brown w/ onion." :D

Soldato
Lol, it's literally what they had. 2 potatoes, an onion, 2 frozen chicken breasts, half a pack of chestnut mushrooms, about 75ml soya cream and the ham they told me not to use.

I added the broccoli and a little stock for the sauce though, if that helps :p

Soldato
Lol, it's literally what they had. 2 potatoes, an onion, 2 frozen chicken breasts, half a pack of chestnut mushrooms, about 75ml soya cream and the ham they told me not to use.

I added the broccoli and a little stock for the sauce though, if that helps :p
Fair enough. If I had those items left (and I ate chicken) Im sure Id whip that lot up as well. :p

Soldato
Valentines dinner. All vegan. All home made.

Couples who cook together...

‘Brunch’: Sourdough Crumpets. Cress hollandaise. Pistachio pesto. Deep fried avocado.
‘Mushroom on Toast’: King Oyster mushroom, sautéed thyme & garlic mushroom. Mushroom fondant. Mushroom ketchup. Pea purée. Toast.
‘Banana Split’: Cardamom chocolate truffle. Chocolate & tonka bean fondant. Aquafaba chocolate mousse. Cherry & Havana rum sauce.
‘Lemon Meringue Pie:’ Frozen lemon curd. Aquafaba Swiss meringue. Oat crumble.

hpmlM61.png
TwpdkHd.png
edPBEcY.png
3FbFqqQ.png

Back
Top Bottom