What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Short 3 part drama called The Pembrokeshire Murders.

Interesting to me as I live in Pembrokeshire but grew up in Witney where two of his victims lived.

Family campfire stories is that one of the 5 children accosted is a cousin to my kids.

Soldato
The Wilds - a group of teenage girls get stranded on a desert island and all may not be as it seems...

Just finished this and was mildly entertained by it and the twists and turns.

Associate
Is the show "the wire" really that good?

I remember watching 2 episodes around 7 years a go and wasn't really feeling it, does it get better?..... Seemed abit of a slow burn

Wondering if my Mrs and 70 year old mum will enjoy it ? :)

Permabanned
Yes slow burn and not my fav show though many think it is the best show ever going by reviews, it was nearly canned after 1 season.

IMO The Shield is far better esp. the earlier seasons.

Soldato

I loved it, but it definitely is rather slow. The different seasons are also quite... different. I loved 1 and 4, not so much the others, but then I felt it had a great ending, which really helps the overall appeal of the show to me.

Wandavision - was ready to switch off the first episode, but by middle of ep 2 it got a bit more interesting.

Yeah, not sure about this one. From the trailers it doesn't look like it will appeal to me. I'll be interested to hear more.

Soldato
Yeah, not sure about this one. From the trailers it doesn't look like it will appeal to me. I'll be interested to hear more.

There's an ongoing thread here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/wandavision.18899603/page-4#post-34456684

The first episode was literally a 50's b&w US comedy show, suburban housewife, husband working for an evil company/boss, only more like Bewitched as the wife has magical powers. There were very, very few moments of Marvel which i think will put off a lot of viewers, it was not a strong opening episode. Ep 2 started off similar, but we started to see Wanda/Vision realising more that things are not quite right - we moved from b&w to colour and more seemed to happen (but not too much!)

I don't want to say too much more, but as they are short episodes, it's worth pushing through the painful 1st episode - see what you think :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sharp objects. Only an 8 part series and still have 1 left but holy cow it's good. 10/10 all day long and can't believe it's been out since 2018. Great start to 2021!
Where have you been watching it please? I’ve been meaning to get on it after reading the book, but when I last looked it wasn’t on the usual platforms.

Soldato
Short 3 part drama called The Pembrokeshire Murders.

Interesting to me as I live in Pembrokeshire but grew up in Witney where two of his victims lived.

Family campfire stories is that one of the 5 children accosted is a cousin to my kids.

I used to live in Sardis as a kid in late 80’s, early 90’s. The house next door to us got robbed and my mum swears she saw a masked man in the bedroom when she was putting the dog out. Fortunately the occupants were out at the time. I also remember cycling often past the bungalow that he was known to have robbed/fled.

Soldato
I used to live in Sardis as a kid in late 80’s, early 90’s. The house next door to us got robbed and my mum swears she saw a masked man in the bedroom when she was putting the dog out. Fortunately the occupants were out at the time. I also remember cycling often past the bungalow that he was known to have robbed/fled.

It's crazy the amount of people that knew him or knew of him and knew him to be someone to avoid at all costs. Anyone that has come into contact with him has some kind of unpleasant story to tell.

Couple of friends bumped into Luke Evans outside the Leisure centre. Much selfies were had :)

Soldato
I watched all of Smoking on Netflix this weekend. I enjoyed it, although it was a little silly that a lot of the scenes where the baddies all had guns suddenly forgot how to use them and just got killed.. Worth a watch if you like Yakuza hitmen stories.

Associate

I remember watching 2 episodes around 7 years a go and wasn't really feeling it, does it get better?..... Seemed abit of a slow burn

Wondering if my Mrs and 70 year old mum will enjoy it ? :)

For me it is one of the best TV series ever made, but it does require you to pay attention. It is also wordy, and you it is easy to miss things with the slang/dialect. There are no last episode reviews or flashbacks to earlier events, it is like each episode is a chapter in a book.
Each series is told for a slightly different view, showing impact on police, schools, local government and the crime gangs themselves.
Having said that my Mrs could not stand it, she could not get her head around the dialect, so it was one I watched by myself.

Back
Top Bottom