Show us your kitty cats

Associate
My rescue cat Max. Been with me since October and has settled in really well.

fJmRFa33_o.jpg

Man of Honour
Lovely pics. We've noticed that our cat, Angel, now has a favourite sofa spot. If you're sitting on it when she wants it then she will stand next to you and stare until you move. It's hilarious.

Soldato
Lovely pics. We've noticed that our cat, Angel, now has a favourite sofa spot. If you're sitting on it when she wants it then she will stand next to you and stare until you move. It's hilarious.
My boy Sky does the same. There is a spot where one cushion is raised and he has to sit in that spot. Gives you a glare if you won't shift haha.

Man of Honour
More amusingly positioned Thor.... a bit big for his tower, I think?

yq3HHft.jpg

He certainly has chunked out since his ‘first form’...

y2jmBr4.jpg

One of Loki for good measure:

lR0P23d.jpg

edit - sorry, that’s enough of them for now!

Man of Honour
I miss cats so much, I miss picking them up and just smelling them. Like grabbing their bodies and snorting their bellies. Good times.
I love it when I'm sitting down and mine walks under my leg and raises her tail straight up to drag against me. Or when she chirps at me when I walk in the room. It's a lovely was of saying hi.

Soldato
Ronnie was screeming at us the other day from the kitchen - we rushed in and he was by back door so opened it and he rushed out and was sick as a dog. - Poor lad didn't half do some heaving.
Seems fine now - think it was a change of cat food -
We have head bumping sessions - he jumps on bed and walks up to your head and bumps it so bump him back.

He is crashed out on my chair now so I have to use rubbish chair or sit here in spare room freezing.

414374124.jpg

Associate
K0ada75.jpg

Had to put Bart to sleep.. after 18 years and a number of health condition I thought he was indestructible so it's a huge shock. His breathing had been wheezy the last few weeks so we got X-rays done of the lungs which showed signs of chronic bronchitis, so the last week was spent getting him used to a kitty inhaler. Poor boy was taking it like a champ but it just wasn't helping. We tried some more powerful inhalers at the advice of the vet but it had no effect, and his breathing started to decline rapidly over the next 12 hours. I brought him in first thing the next day and the vet gave him oxygen to make him comfortable while trying steroid injections. If bronchitis was in any way involved then he would see a rapid improvement, but there was no improvement so the conclusion was that there was a mass or blockage that wasn't spotted on the xray. The vet called me and we decided to do a tracheoscopy on the slim chance it was a removable foreign object, but found an inoperable mass in the neck that was pushing up against the windpipe. The decision was made not to wake him over the phone. I'm heartbroken cos I didn't get a chance to give him a proper goodbye. Left him at the vet thinking I would bring him home or get the opportunity to see him again later, but when I called up before the tracheoscopy they said I couldn't come in because of covid rules. I've been taking Bart to these vets for years and they are extremely caring and have worked wonders with him, but I'm pretty torn up that I didn't get to give him a last big hug and tell him I love him. Maybe it was for the best because I know they were treating him well and I would have just made a scene, but I still feel so guilty about it. Been through so much with this cat, he was honestly my best friend. RIP Bart

Last edited:
Associate
VGKSzbe.jpg

He was the softest, most gentle cat ever. Always there to give you cat kisses when you got home and never bit or scratched once in his life no matter no matter what you did to him, he just loved the attention. He would even annoy the vets cos he'd purr so loud they couldn't hear his heartbeat lol. On his last night I left him downstairs because it was warm and I didn't wanna wake him, but I heard him wheezing loudly trying to climb the stairs to get on the bed with me (climbing stairs was already hard for him because of his arthritis), so I went and helped him up. Really gonna miss this guy.

Soldato
K0ada75.jpg

Had to put Bart to sleep.. after 18 years and a number of health condition I thought he was indestructible so it's a huge shock. His breathing had been wheezy the last few weeks so we got X-rays done of the lungs which showed signs of chronic bronchitis, so the last week was spent getting him used to a kitty inhaler. Poor boy was taking it like a champ but it just wasn't helping. We tried some more powerful inhalers at the advice of the vet but it had no effect, and his breathing started to decline rapidly over the next 12 hours. I brought him in first thing the next day and the vet gave him oxygen to make him comfortable while trying steroid injections. If bronchitis was in any way involved then he would see a rapid improvement, but there was no improvement so the conclusion was that there was a mass or blockage that wasn't spotted on the xray. The vet called me and we decided to do a tracheoscopy on the slim chance it was a removable foreign object, but found an inoperable mass in the neck that was pushing up against the windpipe. The decision was made not to wake him over the phone. I'm heartbroken cos I didn't get a chance to give him a proper goodbye. Left him at the vet thinking I would bring him home or get the opportunity to see him again later, but when I called up before the tracheoscopy they said I couldn't come in because of covid rules. I've been taking Bart to these vets for years and they are extremely caring and have worked wonders with him, but I'm pretty torn up that I didn't get to give him a last big hug and tell him I love him. Maybe it was for the best because I know they were treating him well and I would have just made a scene, but I still feel so guilty about it. Been through so much with this cat, he was honestly my best friend. RIP Bart

Sorry to hear that, he looked a lovely cat, like a mini-panther.

Lived to a good age, though.

RIP Bart. :(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ahh sorry to hear about Bart :( RIP. Sounded like you tried everything you could, at least he's at peace now.

Was he a brown Burmese? They have lovely temperament, more dog like than a typical cat! I had a brown female Burmese called Tara over 30 years ago, she was as daft as a bottle of pop, she also had breathing issues in the end :(

Man of Honour
K0ada75.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Terrible :(

Back
Top Bottom