**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Man of Honour
I'm fascinated to see how well or not my Turanza t005s cope in conditions like that :( I'm still umming and arring over having a set of CrossClimates or AT+ made up. Unfortunately or fortunately we've not had the conditions to test them yet.

They've handled slight ice and wet mud way better than I expected what as essentially summer touring tyres to do.

Soldato
Why drive on the snow when it’s like that with summer tyres, recipe for getting stuck or worse.

Just stay home unless it’s life and death, and in that case phone the emergency services. Hopefully they can reach you and aren’t blocked by all the abandoned summer tyre cars ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Megane RS with more traction than a Yeti in South Yorkshire today, lots of steep hills both up and down; didn't get stuck once 13 miles all in. Michelin PS4 ;)

AFnF7Rg.jpg
GpncRaB.jpg Sn1v073.jpg xePjt4e.jpg
Megane's are fantastic! I only have an earlier 2.0 Turbo Mk3 3d Coupe but love it to bits. The grip, traction, ride handling such under rated cars & massive power when you need it puts many cars costing much more to shame :D

Soldato
Why drive on the snow when it’s like that with summer tyres, recipe for getting stuck or worse.

Just stay home unless it’s life and death, and in that case phone the emergency services. Hopefully they can reach you and aren’t blocked by all the abandoned summer tyre cars ;)
I had to get home.

I've been using summer/track tyres all year round for a long time. AD08R, PS4, NS2R and more. I'm still yet to be let down in the snow or ice even though I live in a pretty rural area that gets neglected by the council, if you know how to drive on snow then you can still get by. Obviously I don't go out in these conditions for the laugh but if I absolutely must I'm confident enough in my own ability that it can get the job done.

Soldato
Megane's are fantastic! I only have an earlier 2.0 Turbo Mk3 3d Coupe but love it to bits. The grip, traction, ride handling such under rated cars & massive power when you need it puts many cars costing much more to shame :D
I've liked Renault for years, my family has had loads and they've always served us well.

Soldato
You need winters or all seasons.

I'm also in West Yorkshire. Granted, I've been nowhere today but last winter was my first with All Seasons on each corner (Vredestein Quatrac Pro) and I was wowed. My Merc (which also has 4matic) performed brilliantly. Stopping, Starting, hills, no problem.

I'm converted. We get more wet and crap weather than dry balmy days in West Yorkshire so All Seasons are the best compromise for me.

Hello fellow Quatrac Pro user! <wave>

Associate
Right its soon going to be time to replace the 4 tyres on my 2018 Audi A7.....This is going to hurt being 255/35 R21's :eek::eek:. It currently has Bridgestone Turanza t005 on but i cant seem to find them anywhere so they must be discontinued.

Asda tyres who i normally use are only coming up with 1 tyre Pirelli P Zero @ £254 each. But looking on here it would seem the P Zeros are hated so don't want to spend £1k on 4 not great tyres.

f1autocenters is coming up with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for £246 each. Are these a better tyre?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Right its soon going to be time to replace the 4 tyres on my 2018 Audi A7.....This is going to hurt being 255/35 R21's :eek::eek:. It currently has Bridgestone Turanza t005 on but i cant seem to find them anywhere so they must be discontinued.

Asda tyres who i normally use are only coming up with 1 tyre Pirelli P Zero @ £254 each. But looking on here it would seem the P Zeros are hated so don't want to spend £1k o 4 not great tyres.

f1autocenters is coming up with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for £246 each. Are these a better tyre?

Yeah they seem to have discontinued the t005 and especially 255 aren't readily available - was wanting to change one on my truck as it is a year different to the other 3 and seems poorly matched (apparently they tweaked the compound between the two dates) but can't find any (other than silly prices).

Associate
Also seems phoning around a few local tyre places (edentyres ALWAYS been good service and never damaged an alloy yet) there is a lack of stock. They could'nt get a single 255/35 R21 of any brand. Said there is major problems getting stock at the moment

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom