• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
the vast majority of customers appear to have been positive about our attempts to help as many customers as we are able.

I suspect many of us, like me, are glad to have an order secured on one of these products at a decent price at all. Sure, I would loved to have received my card five days after launch. I am certain OC staff would have liked to have received more of the backlogged cards into stock to ship out months ago too. I reckon it is great that OC upgraded any orders to better cards for nowt where it was feasible. Am I frustrated? You betcha. Can I purchase my chosen card now elsewhere for a reasonable price? No. I am not going to complain about Gibbo and ScottiB's messaging. I've got no reason to.

Associate
Oof this is pretty poor @ScottiB as a paying customer I saw others being upgraded while being told myself that because I'm a "Budget orientated" purchase I will not get an upgrade and imo quite rightly expressed a deep unhappiness with that state of affairs, that's not entitlement its seeing an unequal treatment between paying customers and calling it out, I done all that BEFORE @Gibbo replied and after reading his replies the decisions taken make sense.
To come and throw accusations of entitlement about is absolutely awful and pretty disgusting, I am sympathetic that you guys are being roasted and there isn't a whole lot you can do but you also need to consider that there are hundreds of customers that have already PAID for their cards and for 3 or 4 months have seen zero queue movement, then they hear of upgrades but are told they are not getting one then see other customers with the same grade of card being upgraded.... any idiot could have predicted that would go down like a lead balloon.
You say that however, the vast majority of customers appear to have been positive about our attempts to help as many customers as we are able.

I wish you could understand how this is coming across to me..

As I read it what you've basically just said is that were are stupid for trying to help anybody before we are in a position help you.

@ScottiB @Gibbo Please ignore this tool the free upgrades are extremely pro customer and I absolutely love that you are doing this. I have been quiet on this forum recently because the quality of the updates and the openness of the info have been spot on I have nothing to complain about lol.
I feel like OCUK are doing all they can now to fix this bad situation

Associate
BACK ORDER REPORT:

Asus 3080 TUF - 1379 back orders (152 shipped so far)
Asus 3080 TUF OC - 625 back orders (513 shipped so far)
Asus 3080 Strix - 312 back orders - 8 overdue (7 shipped so far)
Asus 3080 Strix OC - 860 back orders (131 shipped so far)

Holy **** did I pick the wrong card.

Associate
3080 Asus Tuf is the worst from the list Gibbo published lol, 1000+ orders and shipped 150 only which 70 was mistake lol , i'm currently 17th for this card so i have a little hope, but whoever over 500+ this seems endless for me with this supply. My first position was 204, and still didn't get it, is ASUS even trying to do something about that, this is just SO BAD, contrast between OC and NON-OC seems way to big. I guess they made a contract with miners, and all our cards is mining bitcoin now, and we sitting here waiting for MIRACLE to happen :D :D

Associate
Just wanted to say I am in queue for the XC3 Black and really don't mind if an upgrade is never offered. The card I chose is the one I want, and I am ok waiting longer if it eventually arrives.

The way I see it, suppliers decided to go dark straight after OC made the requests for supply. OC could have thrown their hands up saying "sorry we ain't getting any, this line is dead" and cancelled my order. But they've kept it, and have been updating where possible. It was annoying that the store page didn't make it obvious that purchases were pre-orders during the first hour. But it would be stupid of me to use that one thing as proof that OC are responsible for the cards not arriving, because everything points to the blame lying with the supply chain (and I think most people on here agree with this).

I'm honestly quite impressed that the OC gang manage to handle even half the vitriol they get on here, but also quite thankful too as it helps to know they give a damn.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
What’s the chances of stock increasing before the Chinese New Year break?
The level of supply on 3080 is believed to be getting slightly worse before CNY not better, I'm sure that Gibbo has communicated this disappointing rumour already.
There appears to be an effort to show real improvement but not at the customer level before March.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
3080 Asus Tuf is the worst from the list Gibbo published lol, 1000+ orders and shipped 150 only which 70 was mistake lol , i'm currently 17th for this card so i have a little hope, but whoever over 500+ this seems endless for me with this supply. My first position was 204, and still didn't get it, is ASUS even trying to do something about that, this is just SO BAD, contrast between OC and NON-OC seems way to big. I guess they made a contract with miners, and all our cards is mining bitcoin now, and we sitting here waiting for MIRACLE to happen :D :D
As much as I'd like to blame miners for it. This particular situation smacks of something a little simpler.

The OC and non OC are identical, they cost Asus the same to make, yet they are sold at different prices, so it makes business sense to want to sell as many as possible as OC rather than NON. If I were them I would "Bin" every one on the production line and only sell the poor clockers as NON...the 'problem' is that the split between good clocking GPU and poor clocking GPU on this range appears to be VERY one sided. I don't hear many stories about cards which don't clock.

Again, I'm guessing, but having worked with Asus for nearly two decades, they strike me as the least likely company to do deals with miners.

Last edited:
Associate
The level of supply on 3080 is believed to be getting slightly worse before CNY not better, I'm sure that Gibbo has communicated this disappointing rumour already.
There appears to be an effort to show real improvement but not at the customer level before March.
Slightly worse lol you must be joking didn't think that was possible... Excuse after excuse

Associate
If I knew customers would not be so brand loyal or get totally upset then in the future I can look at changing MSI Ventus cards to other similar cards like Gigabyte Eagle, KFA2, Zotac Trinity and other brands where the back orders are nearly cleared but as we can’t call customers to just do these changes could cause just as much upset as some customers are extremely brand loyal.

On this topic, if this came to fruition, couldn't people just email in with their current order # to request to get any card available that doesn't have a back-order.

I jumped on the Ventus 3X 3080 months back, but right now, I'll literally take what 3080 I can get at MSRP or slightly above than constantly have to check here on the hopes of MSI shipping out over 500 3080 cards.

It really just means that there would never be a 3080 that comes in that couldn't be assigned to someone and get out the door ASAP, slowly trickling down the back-order count, while the manufacturing end slowly resolves itself, but that could be near Q3, which many people would just rather take what 3080 they can get right now.

Associate
I never upgraded to 20 series, gains were too small and the price was always around £1400. And that's what I paid for my 3080, things never change. Top end graphics cards for £800? total joke

Soldato
IMHO the Suprim is the best 3080 on the market, a definite Strix killer and a worthy successor to the legendary MSI Lightning cards :cool:

hehe ;) nice, i already have the 3090 Trio X gaming card though so not sure what to do with this card when it comes ;)
will test it to make sure its working and depending on what i do i will probably sell one of them for slightly over what they cost me in delivery charge lol :D
probably put the 3080 suprim X on ocuk MM or Trio X 3090 and make a slight profit though nothing like scalper prices just enough to cover shipping costs and what not :D

Associate
If anyone is below order number 140 for the 3080 ventus, you'll at least moved up 1 place. Cancelled my order and ordered a 3090 which arrived this morning, got bored of waiting any longer after pre ordering on day 1. Good luck with your search for these rare beasts hope your wait isn't too long now guys!

Back
Top Bottom