Watch Dogs Legion

Soldato
Haven't checked frame rate, might give it a go tonight, I'm not liking the game much apart from the graphics, but to be truthful it looks a bit dull, the odd bits are colourful, but I guess it is London what can we expect. I hate some of the accents too.
Yeah the accents are annoying, i just wanna purposely drown some of the recruits cos of it lol.
Try out the new performance uplift, its so much more enjoyable.

Soldato
At 1440P, ultra, DLSS on balance and RT on Ultra the benchmmark gives me 70fps?

In game I'm looking at about 40-50 in daylight.

Needs to be on quality ideally as the game looks like utter garbage mostly unless I'm playing on my 4k OLED.

Soldato
Still not played free copy yet... worth a look or give it a miss?

Its not too bad. I think of it as a slightly futuristic/dystopian Assassins Creed/GTA lovechild with special needs.

I like the fact that you can recruit any NPC in the game, I have a team of about 25 so far but only use 6 of them.
London is looking really good, all the major landmarks are there and from what I can tell, those that are more familiar with the city approve too.
Drones are fun to control, especially in restricted areas.

There are a few downsides though...
Car chases/pursuits are pretty poor, even when hacking other vehicles or raising barriers.
Hacking missions are repetitive. I've been to the same building 3 times now for some of the radiant quests.
There do not seem to be many penalties for casually murdering people.
Cash is pointless. If clothing gave you bonuses, it would be worth accumulating lots of it.

As you got it for free, its worth a weekend of your time but it won't be overly memorable

Soldato
Tempted to pick this up on sale?
I think it is worth playing. Think of it as more of a sandbox game than a story driven one. You don't play a single character going through a story, you play as a group of characters completing missions with a story running through them.

It is definitely a fun game to pick up and play for a quick session, but don't expect to get engrossed in it.

Man of Honour
I think it is worth playing. Think of it as more of a sandbox game than a story driven one. You don't play a single character going through a story, you play as a group of characters completing missions with a story running through them.

It is definitely a fun game to pick up and play for a quick session, but don't expect to get engrossed in it.

May be a good game to jump in and out of. I’m downloading it now.

Man of Honour
Quite enjoying this now. Recruited a hitman :D

I can see the novelty wearing off quickly, but at least it’s a functioning game world and doesn’t break the immersion every two seconds unlike cyberpunk. It’ll at least ride me over somewhat while they add more patches to cyberpunk.

Soldato
I can see the novelty wearing off quickly.

It does unfortunately.. The game just needed one more hook. Tbh the way I am playing games now, I only play in short sessions whereas go back a bit I would play 4 hours or maybe more and I find myself getting a lot more mileage out of games this way. This isn't suited to 4 hours plus sessions.

Soldato
Anyone in Jan 2021 playing this?

Does this game crash to desktop for others?

I played for about 2 hours and then it's ctd.

Hard to determine a if it's my ram overclock (which is stable in other games. And for about 1 year) or the game.

I know the game released very buggy with lots of issues so wondering if the game is still a bit buggy.

---

On a different note, this is a good game. Surprised at the really dark story line! Easily the best in the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played a bit last night, I have my RAM set to 3600Mhz and has not crashed once since setting it to that speed. Have you disabled the overclock and tried then?

Also did you mean 2 hours and not 2 years?

Back
Top Bottom