Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
I’ve tended to mix up the roles so I can do a bit of what I feel like each time. For money the collector role is best. I find trader and moonshine more entertaining as you get to shoot a lot of things.

For the horse this is tricky as you need to be a high level to get the best horses. I have the Missouri Fox trotter and Arabian. Saddle and stirrups are also important. I use the Nagadoches and hooded stirrups. With the top horses you have infinite stamina and can go really fast.

Thanks for the advice first time on in a while. :D

Associate
Hey, picked this up on sale and will have a crack at it now I might have a few days off. So, I have a quick question...

Before I get started, does anyone have any recommended settings/tweaks/mods to go with?

Specs in my signature, and I am likely to play this on either my 1440p 144hz monitor OR drag down my PC to the living room and play in 4K. It is the holidays after all.

Associate
Hey, picked this up on sale and will have a crack at it now I might have a few days off. So, I have a quick question...

Before I get started, does anyone have any recommended settings/tweaks/mods to go with?

Specs in my signature, and I am likely to play this on either my 1440p 144hz monitor OR drag down my PC to the living room and play in 4K. It is the holidays after all.

Hardware unboxed did 2 videos going into all the settings and where you can save a few fps without sacrificing looks too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385eG1IEZMU&t=1068s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3xQ33Cq4CE&t=492s

Soldato
Soldato
Currently playing through this, I'm only at 25% though! Really enjoying it, just messing around in the wilderness is nice for someone locked down in zone 3 London :p

I've made a couple of mistakes and got myself killed, but thanks to OCD saving I always just reloaded. Is this necessary? It's never quite clear what you lose if you die?

What proportion of my time should I send doing missions compared to making money elsewhere? If I should be making money elsewhere, how best to do it? :)

Soldato
What proportion of my time should I send doing missions compared to making money elsewhere? If I should be making money elsewhere, how best to do it? :)

Depends on how much you want to get out out of the game. You can just skip nearly all the side missions and just concentrate on the main story if you want.
You can just use them to build money, health, stamina. Money for new horses, so worth doing but not overdoing otherwise it turns into a drag.

Soldato
Depends on how much you want to get out out of the game. You can just skip nearly all the side missions and just concentrate on the main story if you want.
You can just use them to build money, health, stamina. Money for new horses, so worth doing but not overdoing otherwise it turns into a drag.
Yeah. Like for instance I keep looking at the upgrades in camp but everything (eg satchel) upgrades mean a lot of work, hunting etc. Is it worth the effort finding two boat skins, a badger skin, a squirrel skin etc? Lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah. Like for instance I keep looking at the upgrades in camp but everything (eg satchel) upgrades mean a lot of work, hunting etc. Is it worth the effort finding two boat skins, a badger skin, a squirrel skin etc? Lol

Some are to just to let you how now weapons etc but if you want a challenge for it without. Don't think I did much hunting at all really.

Back
Top Bottom