WandaVision

Soldato
Where people expecting the Avengers? They always said it will be something a little out there and different.

It had me chuckling quite a few times.

Soldato
I laughed hard in that second episode, Bethany and Olsen really shine with the comic timing. I enjoyed it, it’s particularly nice to have something different. The move onwards in era was subtle between the first two episodes but it’s plain that the sit com style will progress on from 50s 60s etc. We’ll get something more conventional that pulls it altogether later in the series.

I agree, I liked the subtle change between decades and the references to those older American sit coms that used to be on c4 during the week. Pretty sure I spotted a hydra logo in visions hat at one point.

Associate
Was also a hydra logo on the watch in the advert. I like it, it’s something different. Everyone complains that TV shows are all the same, and they are trying something different and everyone is jumping on it! Let’s give it a chance, as I’m sure it will have a logical progression and story. Anyhow I enjoyed it!

Soldato
Was also a hydra logo on the watch in the advert. I like it, it’s something different. Everyone complains that TV shows are all the same, and they are trying something different and everyone is jumping on it! Let’s give it a chance, as I’m sure it will have a logical progression and story. Anyhow I enjoyed it!

Also, the watch was manufactured by Strucker.

Caporegime
I'm sure they fully expect people to jump on when the show is done and binge it in its entirety-that is the culture these days after all , but I believe they feel that given most MCU fans dedicated over 59 hours in the cinemas over 10 years, they will be happy to watch the remaining 7 episodes, every week for another 7 weeks.

Unfortunately in today's society, there is a definite case of people needing to know everything now and having a lack of patience instead of merely seeing how the story develops over time.

All I’d say to people is give it time before jumping ship this early on.

Absolutely agree with this.

Can you imagine if Twin Peaks season 1 came out now? People would be ******** all over it.

Soldato
**** me, just found out why I recognised the woman playing Dottie. Was bugging me when watching it but just couldn't place her, have just looked - it's Anya from Buffy.

Soldato
**** me, just found out why I recognised the woman playing Dottie. Was bugging me when watching it but just couldn't place her, have just looked - it's Anya from Buffy.
Thank you I couldn't place her myself but she look familiar. I'm actually rewatching Buffy on season 2 ATM so she hasn't made an appearance yet!!!

Soldato
I didn't even recognise her.
Is it completely black and white? And ^ I'll keep an eye out, there's loads of shows I've seen that had characters from buffy in.
no it switches to colour. It seems like each episode may cover a specific decade. 50s and 60s for the first two episodes and 3rd ep is looking to be 70s.

Soldato
This currently seems like a tamed version of Legion. However Legion only really worked if you binged watched it given how messed up it was. Theres no way you could watch Legion weekly and remember wtf was happening.

I dont know how loopy this might get but it could run into serious issues with its weekly cycle if it gets crazy, however if its just a nugget or two each episode then it might honestly just get boring.

Back
Top Bottom