Winter 2020/2021

Soldato
I'm jealous. Just wet and miserable in the midlands.

Same just rain, rain and more rain here. Darn cold overnight though had to find something extra to throw over the bed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ons-wake-snow-nearly-FOOT-set-fall-today.html

Havn't seen weather like that down here for a very long time can remember listening to the radio as kid for whether the buses were going to be cancelled and/or school closed. Seen the odd bus sliding around and cars especially we kids used to pick a good spot and watch the chaos was quite hilly where I lived.

Last edited:

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Hopefully won’t come to anything.
The last thing the country needs is prolonged bad weather to put further stress on NHS and food deliveries.
They already shut one of the vaccine centres today because of it.

Man of Honour
Looks like an east/west split :( absolutely nothing for me

Ichh6hA.png

Weird as well how patchy it is - obviously high ground gets hit harder but some isolated places seeing quite extremes.

Commissario
Yesterday was the wettest day on record here with 19.7 mm of rain.

Of course, my records only started in the middle of November!

No sign of any snow here and it looks like we're going to miss it.

Man of Honour
We have an amber snow warning now. Fortunately I think we’re too far south/west of that band. Fingers crossed...and I was worried about my rear tyres getting through the MOT - they now might not even get me off the drive :D

Soldato
South Hampshire coast here. More likely to see pigs fly than get some snow here :mad:

Can't believe how mild the weather was this morning woke up and had to throw off the duvet as was sweating like a pig. Snow, no chance lol. Currently chucking it down with rain.

Was looking at the DM website "london hit by heavy snow!" with pictures of a few millimetres of the stuff in a few spots lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah started to cool down a bit as the evening got on last night but fairly mild here by morning :( not a hint of snow.

Models significantly downgrading any chances of anything significant through the rest of Jan now as well :( though with the polar disturbances in the equation that can still change quite quickly.

Soldato
Bah, no chance been sat drinking tea watching socially distanced kite boarding (or is it kite surfing dunno) pretty mild tbh, ended up nice and sunny back in Polzeath

Screenshot-20210116-151519-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom