• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A bit of reality!

Caporegime
I think the general consensus here is to use discord stock checkers to find a card rather than wait for months and receive nothing.

I bet you'd find a card long before you dropped below 200 in the Q.
I wouldn't cancel your order until you've got the card in your hands :p

Discord only works if you're very, very quick on the draw. Many links are sold out seconds after the alert comes through. And if the alert is delays by a few seconds, it'll be gone before you even knew it was there.

Discord also alerts you to scalper prices, so it you want to pay +50% over RRP you have a (slightly) better chance of getting something. Even those sell out within minutes tho. Unless it's a £2000 3090, which sometimes takes hours instead of minutes to sell out :p

Associate
I wouldn't cancel your order until you've got the card in your hands :p

Discord only works if you're very, very quick on the draw. Many links are sold out seconds after the alert comes through. And if the alert is delays by a few seconds, it'll be gone before you even knew it was there.

Discord also alerts you to scalper prices, so it you want to pay +50% over RRP you have a (slightly) better chance of getting something. Even those sell out within minutes tho. Unless it's a £2000 3090, which sometimes takes hours instead of minutes to sell out :p

I noticed a 3070fe last week 24 minutes after it appeared on discord. It was UK lunchtime. I signed up to the site and checked out. Didn't think it was that quick

Caporegime
I noticed a 3070fe last week 24 minutes after it appeared on discord. It was UK lunchtime. I signed up to the site and checked out. Didn't think it was that quick
Well not much to say apart from your experience differs from mine :) I'm signed up to PartAlert and StockInformer, btw.

Maybe we use different channels?

Associate
I signed up to part alert. It buzzed away for three days. But Amazon wouldn't post to Northern Ireland plus over RRP. One UK site had a 3070 in stock for almost 24 hours. It was a KFA2 and 620 so overpriced?
I've discord of the phone again. Only added it for that.

Soldato
Indeed. Even if AMD GPUs existed (lol), the PSU I want doesn't exist (Focus PX-850), the motherboard I want doesn't exist (Aorus Pro B550 V2).

And AMD haven't released their non-X CPUs yet anyhow.

All in all it's a crap time to upgrade.

I feel you!

I was toying with getting a Ryzen 3 setup, but the AM4 kit I need for my cooler is out of stock everywhere with no sign of ETA! I have some Crucial memory on order - been stuck on Order Processing status since late December! I had a 3070 FE in the basket, but the store's courier has indefinitely stopped delivery services to ROI. I'd fold and buy a console, but, oh snap!

I might just jack it all in until May or June :rolleyes:

Caporegime
thats my plan try again later in the year it sucks but hey ho theres worse things going on in the world ! :)

now would be a good time to enjoy a new system though ha ha
Surely you don't mean to tell me that having Covid is worse than not having a new GPU? Because I don't believe it :p You don't know my pain, my suffering, my anguish! :p

I'll let the bard have the last word.

William Shakespear said:
For never was a story of more woe than this lack of GPUs and Haribo

Permabanned
Hmm not sure whether to test out my new SoundPeats H1 Premium's (KickStarter) or the RTX 390 FE as both will arrive on Monday, decisions, decisions! :p

Associate
Yeah when I got a 3080 FE i checked out 15 minutes after the discord notification. Just spammed add to basket for 2-3 mins and it worked.

Soldato
Was reading apparently they can't get or make enough GDDR6 memory, that's hitting everything and also wrecking console production. Not sure how likely that is.

Associate
OP
Wow, just seen a 3070 for £719.99 at a major online electronics shop, think that's the worst deal I've seen so far. Guess what though, it still sold out in minutes!

I saw AIB 3070's as low as £520 this morning . They seem to be the only card with any sort of supply. £720 is just ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom