Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
VGKSzbe.jpg

He was the softest, most gentle cat ever. Always there to give you cat kisses when you got home and never bit or scratched once in his life no matter no matter what you did to him, he just loved the attention. He would even annoy the vets cos he'd purr so loud they couldn't hear his heartbeat lol. On his last night I left him downstairs because it was warm and I didn't wanna wake him, but I heard him wheezing loudly trying to climb the stairs to get on the bed with me (climbing stairs was already hard for him because of his arthritis), so I went and helped him up. Really gonna miss this guy.

so sorry to hear this, he looked like a lovely cat :(

Associate
Thanks guys. Trying to think positive, gave him a great life for sure.

Ahh sorry to hear about Bart :( RIP. Sounded like you tried everything you could, at least he's at peace now.

Was he a brown Burmese? They have lovely temperament, more dog like than a typical cat! I had a brown female Burmese called Tara over 30 years ago, she was as daft as a bottle of pop, she also had breathing issues in the end :(

Yeah he's Burmese. I adore the breed.. they'll follow you everywhere and not afraid to tell you how they feel! Bart was lovely but boy would he yell if he didn't get what he wanted. There's absolutely no saying no to a Burmese cat. I gave up trying to keep him out of the bed years ago as he would pull up the carpet outside of the door if the door was closed :D. Probably going to look around for another of a different colour after a little while, although seems like they are not easy to find atm.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Yeah he's Burmese. I adore the breed.. they'll follow you everywhere and not afraid to tell you how they feel! Bart was lovely but boy would he yell if he didn't get what he wanted. There's absolutely no saying no to a Burmese cat. I gave up trying to keep him out of the bed years ago as he would pull up the carpet outside of the door if the door was closed :D. Probably going to look around for another of a different colour after a little while, although seems like they are not easy to find atm.

:D Yup, they are definitely characters alright! Used to play fetch with a little sponge ball with them! Burmese are all that I have had since I was a kid, Tara the brown was the first, then afterward we had 2, a chocolate and a red, brother and sister. Sadly Ozzie the chocolate had to be put to sleep last summer aged 17, he had kidney problems, diabetes and ultimately it was something neurological that took him in the end :( but still have Meg the red, although she's also diabetic and kidney problems, so just making the most of the time left with her and keeping her as happy as we can.

Caporegime

Bella loves spooning in bed. I think she's just in it for the warmth, tho :( :p

Burmese really are quite beautiful cats. Also sorry for your loss.

Soldato
Sorry for your loss, @Souness. Ultimately all we can do from the point of getting our pets until the point they leave us is making sure we do every single possible thing that they require from us and then some. It sounds like you did all that and more for Bart so hopefully you can take some solace in that. Not all pets are lucky to have an owner treat them with the love you clearly shown Bart

574193b6-b685-40d6-8c75-5138c8186be3.jpg

Gato seemed intent on disturbing me last time I tried to play Valhalla. Granted I should've been working but Friday was a slow day so I thought a little blast wouldn't hurt. She thought otherwise

Soldato
Just testing - My Picture trail image prog is closing it's doors so need another so this is from Imgur.
Took a while but seems I have got there thanks to Rroffs post in 2017

QmgVNN9.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
We got adopted recently by this little fella - he just turned up on a really cold night in January and decided it was his house now (I say "he" we've got no idea if it's a he or she). We've asked around with neighbors and checked if he's chipped but no joy.

He's very skittish, one eye doesn't appear to work and he seems to be a bit thick, so we're well suited. He's a good mouser though, he's caught two already. I call him Beans.

Edit: three mice, he brought another one home tonight, that wasn't fully dead :eek:

20210209-211221.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
We got adopted recently by this little fella - he just turned up on a really cold night in January and decided it was his house now (I say "he" we've got no idea if it's a he or she). We've asked around with neighbors and checked if he's chipped but no joy.

He's very skittish, one eye doesn't appear to work and he seems to be a bit thick, so we're well suited. He's a good mouser though, he's caught two already. I call him Beans.

20210209-211221.jpg

Wish I could get chosen by a cat. :(

He looks awesome BTW :D

Soldato
They do love the sun don't they- Ronnies favourite spots are roof of log store or porch roof over back door - faces true south - trouble is now he is too fat to jump from porch roof to fence and come in back door - He has to take long way round - up and over roof - onto garage roof -then jump to log store then fence and into garden.
Right now he is crashed out in front of log burner.

Soldato
Bailey (black & white) and Pookie. We also have a 1 yr old black medium hair called Nugget - haven't got any pics uploaded of him yet though

cats5.jpg

cats1.jpg

cats4.jpg

cats6.jpg

Wow, I posted this nearly 11 years ago!

Sadly we have lost both of these amazing guys. Bailey passed about 4 years ago from liver cancer. He was an amazing cat who traveled with us to the US when we moved over here. Pookie left us just last month. He had sudden onset kidney failure and we had to have him put to sleep. I'm 47 years old and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Even losing my dad to cancer a few years ago didn't hit me as hard. He was just so unique. All he ever wanted was to interact with humans. Didn't care about food or toys - just wanted to be picked up or involved in whatever you were doing. He traveled all around the country with us (we lived on the road for 7 months in an RV) and he loved every second. He and Bailey were both there to welcome our 2 kids home when they were born. He leaves a massive hole in our lives.

On the plus side, Nugget is going strong. We have also adopted 2 kittens, so our house it still full of cats!

Soldato
Curio
I am with you there - Losing our cats over the years hit me more than ever my Mom and Dad did - Odd really as my Mom was OK but didn't really get on with my Dad. Suppose really we never had anything in common.

Associate
Coco on the left, about 4 months old here, Chloe on the right, about 8yrs old now. Shes gotten on really well with the new kitten, kitten loves to annoy the hell out of her though :)

IcukIq9h.jpg

And about 8 months old currently, growing quick.

m5EyMSBh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom