Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Case and protectors arrived today..

Phone was a no show.

Contacted Currys and they said fir somereason it got stuck in the system, and they have tried pushing it through 2 more times so now my currys account shows 3 on order in progress.. it's clearly out of stock and theres a glitch their end showing it as in stock imo.

They said they cant say when it will be dispatched :)

As long as they dont charge me 3 times

Soldato
I put my official Pixel 5 fabric case through the washing machine the other day and it came out fine. No issues.

I don't know if this information is relevant to anyone, but I'm glad that Google's advertising holds up to scrutiny.

I put my official Pixel 5 fabric case through the washing machine the other day and it came out fine. No issues.

I don't know if this information is relevant to anyone, but I'm glad that Google's advertising holds up to scrutiny.
I'm nervous to ask what led you to feel the case was dirty enough to need to go through the washing machine? Been using the phone too close to the toilet?

Soldato
Still no phone for me. Ended up with the retailer pushing 4 handsets through! And not one got dispatched. So I cancelled and am awaiting a refund, bought on another site now with delivery later

Soldato
I'm nervous to ask what led you to feel the case was dirty enough to need to go through the washing machine? Been using the phone too close to the toilet?

Haha, no! Just saw that Google said the case was machine washable so gave it a punt. Not like there's much other entertainment to be had in lockdown! :D

Soldato
Got the phone and so far I'm impressed. Didn't realise it doesn't have a headphone jack but that's not the end of the world.

Feels great to hold and I love the metal feel where every other phone seems to be going glass back these days. Obviously now in a case but still

Associate
It doesn't support video out over USB-C. If you want such an experience then a Samsung might be better, I used Wireless DeX recently and it was very impressive.

I don't know why, but I prefer the "pure" android experience.

I believe you need a compatible dock for the pixel phones. But can be done.

Or get a chromecast on the monitor and cast connect

I'm looking to use a keyboard and mouse, Chromecast would be too laggy I expect.

Associate
Chromecast should be fine for anything other than gaming. But yeah have a look on Google I saw a few docs that support the pixel line when I looked last year.

I recall trying this. Chromecast Ultra, both in line-of-sight of router. It was laggy at times. I am looking for something I can work on 8 hours a day remote desktop-ing into another machine.

I have found this, appears it's not supported, unless I'm misunderstanding: https://support.google.com/fi/thread/74622026?hl=en

Soldato
Used my pixel 5 for a month now and aside from the earpiece not being especially good for calls (though still perfectly usable) it's honestly the best phone I've had.
Brilliant screen and battery life, incredibly consistent camera, light weight, waterproof and what I would now consider the perfect size.
Feel pretty foolish for disregarding it based on its specs upon release! It's a keeper.

*Edit* also fine the gesture controls to be significantly better than when compared to EMUI 11 or One UI3 or iOS 14

Soldato
Used my pixel 5 for a month now and aside from the earpiece not being especially good for calls (though still perfectly usable) it's honestly the best phone I've had.
Brilliant screen and battery life, incredibly consistent camera, light weight, waterproof and what I would now consider the perfect size.
Feel pretty foolish for disregarding it based on its specs upon release! It's a keeper.

*Edit* also fine the gesture controls to be significantly better than when compared to EMUI 11 or One UI3 or iOS 14

I've had mine like 4 days and agree. It has a lovely weight to it too.

Any essential apps/tips you recommend?

The battery is amazing compared to my s8

Back
Top Bottom