• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 in stock for sale here at OCUK now (15/01 PM)

Soldato
I imagine OC are getting charged more too though and are just passing the price on to make the same profit. It does make me feel better about dropping £1300 for my 6900 XT on the auction site seeing these prices though.

Soldato
I imagine OC are getting charged more too though and are just passing the price on to make the same profit. It does make me feel better about dropping £1300 for my 6900 XT on the auction site seeing these prices though.
they are far far higher on a lot of cards, some 200 quid more on say the 3090 x3 ventus, go on justify that:D

Last edited:
Soldato
they are far far higher on a lot of cards, some 200 quid more on say the 3090 x3 ventus, go on justify that:D
I can't and have no idea of the actual truth. I just seems out of character from my experiences with them over the years and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I personally don't think they are adding hundreds of pounds to the prices just because people will pay it, I think it's more likely that they're having to buy them in at inflated prices.

Soldato
I can't and have no idea of the actual truth. I just seems out of character from my experiences with them over the years and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I personally don't think they are adding hundreds of pounds to the prices just because people will pay it, I think it's more likely that they're having to buy them in at inflated prices.
highly unlikely, i only compared against one well known pc store and there are several instances of differences of around 150 to 200, so not a one off either. but im not bitter as OC not the only exampling of upping prices, many pc places are yanking prices up, there are a few decent ones that are not, business make as much as you can get away with, theres always someone that will come along and pay a silly price, myself, im just waiting it out, or untill maybe there are founders ed.'s available, plus i may go back to console gaming after 20yrs, thing is a lot of ppl buying these cards at silly prices arent really pc gamers, its lockdown bordem, sames goes for a lot of hobbies, when we go back businesses will take a hit as the market will be flooded with unused gpu's unless mining boom continues, time will tell i guess

Associate
Christ, people say "don't buy from scalpers, it encourages them", yet right now the scalpers on auction sites are cheaper than the retailers.... so who are really the scalpers?!

These stock issues are crazy, the founders edition was supposed to be £1399, the cheapest 3rd party from OcUK is £1759.

Caporegime
Christ, people say "don't buy from scalpers, it encourages them", yet right now the scalpers on auction sites are cheaper than the retailers.... so who are really the scalpers?!

These stock issues are crazy, the founders edition was supposed to be £1399, the cheapest 3rd party from OcUK is £1759.

Only a mere $350 over msrp and for cards that aren't built even half as well. The msi suprim x looks about the only one to have a quality build to it, and that's a mere £500+ over msrp.

Retailers really are as bad as the scalpers this time around :(

Associate

:(...Things are getting really silly and the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise come a month or two later, prices shoot pass the £2000 mark.

I think I'm out on this run and will look out for a PS5 instead, I really cannot justify paying £1700+ for a Graphics Card.

Caporegime
:(...Things are getting really silly and the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise come a month or two later, prices shoot pass the £2000 mark.

I think I'm out on this run and will look out for a PS5 instead, I really cannot justify paying £1700+ for a Graphics Card.

They already are slightly past the 2k mark on some cards depending on what retailer you go to.

OcUK Staff
Just seen on a discord channel. Thought we were getting a heads up from Gibbo, but didn't see anything.

Well, if anyone was waiting on one, go get 'em!

3090’s have never been part of those discussions of a heads up as we’ve always had at least one brand in stock for the past couple of months so there is no need to give a heads up as such when we generally always have product in stock.

The heads up is for 3070, 3060Ti and AMD 6000 series cards which have not yet been made available but will no doubt be the case late next week.

Associate
OP
3090’s have never been part of those discussions of a heads up as we’ve always had at least one brand in stock for the past couple of months so there is no need to give a heads up as such when we generally always have product in stock.

The heads up is for 3070, 3060Ti and AMD 6000 series cards which have not yet been made available but will no doubt be the case late next week.

Aha, understood and my bad. Never looked into 3090 cards so had no idea. Shared as they pinged on a stock drop channel and thought it could help some forum goers.

Underboss
OcUKs Trust Pilot reviews are tanking so people are starting to speak up about it.

I shop at the cheapest place, loyalty means nothing to retailers so it means nothing to me anymore.

There have been so many occasions where OCs are blatantly ripping people off, but as Gibbo says, if it’s cheaper elsewhere **** off and buy it.

Hint:OCs are a big business who don’t give a **** about anything but money.

Associate
Until they go for charity status. They are a business with normally narrow margins that are making hay when the sun shines. Don’t like the prices walk away.

Back
Top Bottom