Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
It’s pretty obvious CD Projekt knew how bad this was before launch. The way they handled reviews and limitations on versions they allowed to be shown pretty much gave the game away. It should have been delayed again and released in maybe March in a better state. It seems the shareholders and investors had influence in its release in such a poor state. Shame as it was always said it will be released when it is finished.

The core game and story is fantastic and when it works it’s very immersive. It’s a shame that those times are rare as most of the time the immersion is broken by wonky physics and game breaking bugs.

Depends what you mean by core game - there are some very bad design decisions/omissions, character dev curve is completely wrong, no transmog system, poor mini map, awful driving, broken economy etc etc etc

Its got a good story set against a stunning backdrop - but other than that I would rank it as CDPR's poorest game. It seems they fell for their onw hype and forgot what got them there in the first place.

As for the blatant lies and concielment prior to launch - did we miss the fact they got bought by EA a few years ago ??

Soldato
Soldato
Take it this is still too buggy to risk a purchase and I'm better off waiting for a more refined version not to spoil the experience?

Soldato
Take it this is still too buggy to risk a purchase and I'm better off waiting for a more refined version not to spoil the experience?

I think so, I would hold until after the next patch at least, I believe January and February they will release two big patches, the patches in December were just quick hot fixes. Like you I'm waiting, I did purchase at launch but decided on a refund and wait till most bugs have been fixed. I played a bit on series x and just felt it needed a lot more polish at the time, not bothered about next gen patch just want to experience it without any stupid bugs.

Caporegime
So by the sound of it they bit off way more than they could chew and then to compound matters wasted months of development time making a marketing demo that was more of a dream than reality. Then when the game released, after what was essentially a massive cover up, everyone expecting the dream saw the reality but only after paying for the dream.

People can criticise execs at CDPR for releasing it unfinished but I still think the worse part of it all is how the media/reviewers so easily went along with them and even weirder of the one or two reviewers who did give an honest assessment they were verbally attacked by fanboys who didn't want to hear it, as if they preferred being lied to.

Soldato
I hope they can turn it into something worth playing at the end of it all. I'm happy to wait for the finished copy no matter how long it takes.

No amount of ray tracing and bug fixing is going to fundamentally change the game.

It is what it is, and it's a pretty standard open world rpg, with a decent story... and some willies.

Soldato
They may add the cut stuff. Look at NMS, that is now fundamentally different to how it launched.

Very true and I hope they do, the biggest thing for me is adding some decent AI.

I'm a bit torn on NMS as has a lot more content but the basic gameplay loop of mining/building hasn't really changed, at least for the early game. I find it so dull I never get very far before giving up out of boredom.

Soldato
Just got to the point of no return, level 41 (hit 50 street cred ages ago) and most of the remaining quests are just buying cars which I've not really bothered with since the driving is so underwhelming.

There have been some great side quests; I wish the BD stuff was used a bit more as it's one of the few bits that feels new. River's story is definitely worth seeing through to the end, Judy and Panam's were pretty decent too. The cyber pyschos one was a huge letdown after the amount of effort required and I never found Johnny even vaguely likeable or funny, so all of his stuff was a drag.

I'm guessing I'll have wrapped it up within a couple of days and, to be honest, I don't have any huge desire to play it through again even if they release a heap of improvements because it's the stories that drive the game and I've experienced them now.

In hindsight, I should have waited 9-12 months and I'd recommend anyone who hasn't started yet holds off if they can. There are a lot of annoying bugs, broken/exploitable/missing AI, horrible UI choices that get in the way of what is otherwise a very good (but not exceptional game).

Associate
Long as we can play on with our existing saves, that would be a given.
Just got to the point of no return, level 41 (hit 50 street cred ages ago) and most of the remaining quests are just buying cars which I've not really bothered with since the driving is so underwhelming.

There have been some great side quests; I wish the BD stuff was used a bit more as it's one of the few bits that feels new. River's story is definitely worth seeing through to the end, Judy and Panam's were pretty decent too. The cyber pyschos one was a huge letdown after the amount of effort required and I never found Johnny even vaguely likeable or funny, so all of his stuff was a drag.

I'm guessing I'll have wrapped it up within a couple of days and, to be honest, I don't have any huge desire to play it through again even if they release a heap of improvements because it's the stories that drive the game and I've experienced them now.

In hindsight, I should have waited 9-12 months and I'd recommend anyone who hasn't started yet holds off if they can. There are a lot of annoying bugs, broken/exploitable/missing AI, horrible UI choices that get in the way of what is otherwise a very good (but not exceptional game).

River's story was by far the best. 2077 really lacked good side quests, this one stood out.

Associate
On the sheer off-chance that anyone here is also from Glasgow and has Amazon Prime, Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 is £31.80 on Amazon Prime Now (the same-day delivery service). It's £4 for delivery though unless you spend £40 total.

https://primenow.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TPNV73G?
if you have facebook check the marketplace. I've seen loads of copies for sale around the £20 mark (thats if you don't mind used)

Back
Top Bottom