Have you been permanently banned from any forums?

Associate
I'd h
It is a weird one though. As said, brit is acceptable. I guess the issue lies in **** having previously been used as a racial slur.

An interesting one...people from Afghanistan hate being called Afghanis. Afghani is the currency.

Afghans don't like being called after their currency, I should think not. I'm sure not many people here would like to be called Pounds or Sterlings now would they! :)

Soldato
An interesting one...people from Afghanistan hate being called Afghanis. Afghani is the currency.
It's funny that they chose to call their currency that knowing that it was the name foreigners used to refer to their people, but it's even funnier that they decided to call their central bank "Da Afghanistan Bank" (no joke :p).

Soldato
AVForums. They had insanely strict rules about for sale posts (considerably more strict that the MM) and I got banned for something fairly innocent, although I don't rememeber what exactly.

Tried to make a new account and they checked my IP and blocked me again!

LOL... I've been on AVF and OCUK forums selling stuff since .. well since BEFORE the current OCUK forum was set up in 2002... I am banned from OCUK forum where I got 290 positive feedback (never anything else, no problem deals) but on AVF I have zero points. That's cos on AVF they operate their "system" like the criminal justice system in UK, i.e. your "offence" gets spent after a period.. but in 20 years I accumulated enough "bonus points" for a permanent ban.

With a driving licence, 12 points gets you a ban but you get your licence back after a period. Not here.

So, a hilarious post suggesting AVF is stricter!!!

I did ask the mods politely if there was any appetite to mirror the criminal justice system but was told in no uncertain terms NO.... and that I wasn't a special case. I would have wanted the same rules to apply to all but we never got that far in discussion. I've said nothing about it for a year and I expect now I mention it that a rule will be found to punish me for mentioning it

Soldato
LOL... I've been on AVF and OCUK forums selling stuff since .. well since BEFORE the current OCUK forum was set up in 2002... I am banned from OCUK forum where I got 290 positive feedback (never anything else, no problem deals) but on AVF I have zero points. That's cos on AVF they operate their "system" like the criminal justice system in UK, i.e. your "offence" gets spent after a period.. but in 20 years I accumulated enough "bonus points" for a permanent ban.

With a driving licence, 12 points gets you a ban but you get your licence back after a period. Not here.

I did ask the mods politely if there was any appetite to mirror the criminal justice system but was told in no uncertain terms NO.... and that I wasn't a special case. I would have wanted the same rules to apply to all but we never got that far in discussion. I've said nothing about it for a year and I expect now I mention it that a rule will be found to punish me for mentioning it
You should be told off for resurrecting this thread :p

Soldato
Don't think so. Not that I'd care enough to remember. Barely use any forums these days.

Although I am currently on a suspension on Reddit for upsetting some little girl or another. Don't really know, don't really care. Think I have 8 posts in the past 12 months.

D13

D13

Associate
long time ago I was banned from gametrailers a few times, probably because of some bad jokes

oh and spamming

Caporegime
Discord, Reddit, a couple audio forums :p

The Discord one was puzzling, I just quoted somebody with ?Que? and get instantly perma'd by a bot :p Appealed and ban was upheld.

Not sure what I was supposed to take away from that. Was it cultural appropriation for using another language? Was the use of two question marks in a single sentence? I'll never know :p Don't really care. Just reinforced to me that the internet is not what it used to be. A lot of places are run by idiots, now. The more mainstream the site the more likely this is.

Commissario

Lol really? You broke enough rules to warrant access removal, comparing an online forum to the criminal justice system is hardly apples to apples?

Soldato

Snap. It doesn't do to dis the MM.

Soldato
Lol really? You broke enough rules to warrant access removal, comparing an online forum to the criminal justice system is hardly apples to apples?
There was an interesting turn of events in a thread on SomethingAwful forum a long time ago. A member killed another. The criminal justice system kicked in and I think the chap got 10 years.

SomethingAwful banned the members forum account for 365 days for the same crime.

:p

Soldato

Take your ban like a man....banman?

Last edited:
Soldato
Banned a public hyundai facebook group for mentioning my engine issues in another group :rolleyes: Apparently sharing photos of what had happened was *misleading information*

Some internal politics BS I think.

Soldato
Didn't we just have this thread?

But yeah I'll repeat. I remember getting banned by the ***** at The Digital Fix a few years ago for daring to argue for Brexit. :D

They were just a bunch of 'right-on' wet losers that ended up running the site into the ground. I just popped my head in to see if they were even still a thing and they only have like 12 users left in total still posting and the place is practically dead. :D:rolleyes::p

Caporegime
I was permabanned from here but I groveled until they let me back with a promise I wouldn't use a rival forum.
I was permabanned on here but I went to the OCUK shop and groveled to Spie :)

Uh huh.

e: ah, thread merge. I do like an unreliable narrator though :)

e2: ok, weird, they're not merged at all :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom