Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Still can't get this to download. Worked fine when it was on Blizzard, but ever since the switch to Steam the download deletes itself after about 30-50GB, and when you're stuck on a 1MB/s connection, and can't leave it running for a full day, that is a ******* pain.

Soldato
Try completely deleting everything in the steamapps folder relating to destiny 2 and start again, if it helps when BL launched it was essentially a fresh download for everyone due to the engine changes, may explain it removing downloaded stuff that's been going a good while through the expansion release.

Where are you located? May be easier to get someone to send you an external/microSD with the files just to copy over.

Soldato
Thats Vesper Of Radius removed for now for everyone due to a bug in PvE, one of the very few exotics I enjoy using with stasis on warlock.

Easy exotic farm in todays lost sector, the 1050 is a 2-5 min job.

Soldato
Thats Vesper Of Radius removed for now for everyone due to a bug in PvE, one of the very few exotics I enjoy using with stasis on warlock.

Easy exotic farm in todays lost sector, the 1050 is a 2-5 min job.

It was removed due to a bug in PVP i am sure. It was one banging folk who got hit by the shockwave

Soldato
It was removed due to a bug in PVP i am sure. It was one banging folk who got hit by the shockwave

yeah i'd miss-typed I meant PvP, you were able to slide cancel a melee from any ledge and it would cancel the rift but still spawn the shock wave or something along those lines, another dent to trials.

1.4gb update today, the return of prophecy as well as the next gen patches for the PS5 and XBSX/S.

Developer update released a short while ago too with news on the future: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49957

new strikes, more ritual weapons, more strikes, adept weapons for PvE content (via GM nightfalls) amongst other things.

Edit: In typical Bungie style todays maintenance has been extended by an hour, announced roughly 4 mins before it was supposed to be brought back online :o:rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Soldato
Feather locations (roughly) for the hawkmoon quest:

1. to your left as you exit the spider lair
2. EDZ in the Gulch on a raised platform to your left as you spawn
3. Cosmodrome, spawn at shaw han, feather is to your immediate right on top of a pillar
4. Dreaming City, left hand side of the dreaming city gate, basically where you spawn for the last wish
5. The Moon, just in front of the shrine of Oryx

Edit: bit easier then my vague attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QjBFlPe8tA&ab_channel=Esoterickk

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone struggling with the new High Celebrant mission 'Coup De Grace' with it locking up, unfortunately you can't outright nuke the High Celebrant otherwise it locks up and won't finish the mission.

Also if you do other Wrathborn hunts before the weekly HC pinnacle mission you can rotate the chosen pinnacle reward, good for cleaning up those last bits of 1260 gear you might need.

Associate
Anybody playing this still?

Just picked beyond light up for 25 quid as in a bit of a void atm. How's the raid? How's the expansion in general? Haven't played destiny since finishing the first raid of destiny 2 and feeling there was nothing else worth doing

Associate
What platform are you on mate? 25 quid is a good deal. I think a lot of people are burnt out from playing too much and are taking a break before the new season starts in a few weeks.

Pc

Whats all the seasons about? Don't think there was any of that when I played before.
Thought 25 quid was alright too, even if I just played the campaign and did the raid id be happy and feel like I've got my moneys worth. Few of us (lads i play with)are in a bit of a gaming void atm so thought I'd give this a go

Are you still playing?

Soldato
They basically made it a seasonal content model, so the big yearly expansion that drops (e.g. Beyond Light) is more "medium sized", and then they have 4 separate seasons through the year with more story, content... and micro-transactions :)

Do you know if what you bought has a season pass included? This season isn't that great tbh, but you will get a lot of play out the Beyond Light base game.

I'm based in the US, so our hours might not line up, but I know there is an OcUK D2 group somewhere (link might be in this thread?).

Associate
Yeah it had the season pass included

Is the story content that drops with each season worth it? Or just a token gesture to get more money out of you?
Must say the story early on in beyond light is some of the better story stuff I've played in destiny

Back
Top Bottom