Ikea markus replacement?

Associate
I did see reviews saying that even though the Humanscale Freedom is supposed to fit people up to 6'4", if you're around 6'2" then the headrest can't go high enough to fit where it should, and so I'd kinda discounted that one myself (as a headrest is super important to me) ... but I did love how it looked like the headrest came forward as you reclined so it'd keep you looking forward at your screen, more chairs should function like that.

Associate
I opted for it due to being told it was probably the more all rounder that you can still slouch in if you want to.

The seat base slides in and out, the lumbar support isn't very strong but is noticeable. It can be adjusted per side of the back too.
The arm rests are multidirectional. Plenty options for a fairly cheap seat.
Can you confirm if it included the lumbar support similar to the main Haworth webpage?
Zody | Desk chair | Haworth Europe
The images from 2ndhnd seem a bit different

Soldato
I bought a Steelcase Leap v1 recently as a replacement for my Aeron (as it was damaged in a fire). I would have bought an Aeron again but the used price has spiked £100 on top of what I originally paid 6 months ago. Not as aesthetically pleasing but probably more comfortable than the Aeron due to the arms being able to slide in towards my body meaning I can rest on the arms whilst typing which I couldn't do before. Think it was £300 odd from corporatespec

Permabanned
I did see reviews saying that even though the Humanscale Freedom is supposed to fit people up to 6'4", if you're around 6'2" then the headrest can't go high enough to fit where it should, and so I'd kinda discounted that one myself (as a headrest is super important to me) ... but I did love how it looked like the headrest came forward as you reclined so it'd keep you looking forward at your screen, more chairs should function like that.
Do all 6'4 people have the same measurements though? Neck, Torso and legs?

Associate
Will do, I can certainly give a layman's view point as I have no clue when it comes to these chairs. All i know is my current cheap faux leather £40 10 year old chair is killing me working from home!

Caporegime
Is anyone with an IKEA Markus able to check how high the arms are from the ground please?

I'm looking for a chair to replace my Staples Kashmir, which is just about low enough to fit under my desk.

Associate
Any update there bud?
So the chair arrived after about 10 days. It's not as immaculate as michty_mes' one was. The manufacture date is 2010 so quite a bit old. Saying that, all the mechanisms seem to work fine.

As far as comfort goes, it really does feel much more comfortable than my previous basic chair. Not used to being able to fully rock back, takes me by surprise sometimes!. Now as I've wfh and suffering a bit with my lower back, it seems to have helped quite a bit and I have no more aches and pains, so a bit positive from me!

Back
Top Bottom