• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Gibbo WTH IS HAPPENING WITH THE 3080 ROG STRIX CARDS!!! NO UPDATE AND THE QUEUE ISNT MOVING IVE HAD IT PRORDERED SINCE OCTOBER!
6N05Xd7
BP2Kkq6

https://ibb.co/BP2Kkq6
https://ibb.co/6N05Xd7

Ive been a customer with my brother for over 12 years and this has been a joke seriously!

We need some resolution fast, this is costing me money! My 1080ti has finally died, Ientrusted you guys to provide me with the great service i needed to get my graphical design business back on track.

Instead I have been met with confusion, and a log of lies .... the email updates are showing no progression with the preorders.....

Asus 3080 Strix OC - 860 back orders (131 shipped so far)

That's the only information available to us or OC... at the rate in which they are incoming and with that queue number don't expect anything for several months (probably Q3)
Surely you weren't expecting it any time soon if you ordered in october. People that ordered on launch day within the first hour are still waiting......

Associate
@Gibbo WTH IS HAPPENING WITH THE 3080 ROG STRIX CARDS!!! NO UPDATE AND THE QUEUE ISNT MOVING IVE HAD IT PRORDERED SINCE OCTOBER!
6N05Xd7
BP2Kkq6

https://ibb.co/BP2Kkq6
https://ibb.co/6N05Xd7

Ive been a customer with my brother for over 12 years and this has been a joke seriously!

We need some resolution fast, this is costing me money! My 1080ti has finally died, Ientrusted you guys to provide me with the great service i needed to get my graphical design business back on track.

Instead I have been met with confusion, and a log of lies .... the email updates are showing no progression with the preorders.....
And how do you figure that will happen? Will Gibbo do a magic trick and make a ton of GPUs appear?

EDIT: I realize i may have been bamboozled.

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
We actually have the Gamerock in stock and would happily upgrade Palit Gaming Pro to those the only reason I don’t do so is because the cards design is very marmite.

I will drop you a PM and you can reply with your order number and I’ll upgrade you next week. :)

The Palit Gaming is hardly a looker! :p

Associate
Hi, I've just seen the most recent update from @Gibbo and there's something I don't understand. I ordered an ASUS TUF OC 3080, and apparently there are "625 back orders (513 shipped so far)". How is it possible I'm on position 470 on the queue if there have been already 513 shipments? Shouldn't I be on position 100 something?

Associate
Hi, I've just seen the most recent update from @Gibbo and there's something I don't understand. I ordered an ASUS TUF OC 3080, and apparently there are "625 back orders (513 shipped so far)". How is it possible I'm on position 470 on the queue if there have been already 513 shipments? Shouldn't I be on position 100 something?

There are still 625 of the original back orders left to ship, if 513 have shipped then originally there were 1138 back orders...

Associate

All depends when you ordered at what your Q position was at start of published Q, which was 2-3 weeks after launch so some cards likely dispatched before Q was made.

Associate
For those that get relief from seeing others are in similar situations:

I ordered my MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio on November 10th. Updates as below:
November 13th - Position 1292
November 20th - Position 1225 (-67)
November 27th - Position 1117 (-108)
December 4th - Position 1075 (-42)
December 11th - Position 1035 (-40)
December 19th - Position 983 (-52)
December 24th - Position 955 (-28)
January 8th - Position 877 (-78)
January 15th - 761 (-116)

I mostly just came to say a massive thank you to all the staff at OCUK for you hard work and consistent updates! I knew what to expect when I ordered, and am thankful to have gotten in a queue at all! I hope you are all managing to stay sane in these challenging times - Please remember that most of us are extremely thankful for your hard work and dedication to keeping us happy.. Unfortunately, those that aren't just tend to be a little louder!
Wishing you all the best in these tough times!

Associate
DPD came a day early, so today, 4 months to the day since ordering, I have a 3080 in my hands.

As mentioned before, I'm not annoyed at Overclockers one bit for that delay, I have waited (sometimes impatiently :D ) for my card to arrive, knowing that I did at least have my place in a queue and wouldn't have to keep trying (and failing) to get one elsewhere. I did try, once or twice, when my resolve was weakened briefly, but it was so ruddy frustrating that I stopped bothering. The icing on the cake for me has been the free upgrade to the Suprim X, it is something Overclockers did not have to do and it is a measure of them as a business that they have done so. It's gestures like this that stick in one's mind, not the waiting.

As per my previous message, hope all those still waiting get their cards soon. The launches by NVidia and AMD have been shambolic to put it mildly.

Associate
@Gibbo on the 15th Dec you said you were getting 8x Rog Strix None OC at end of week, what happened to those?

Do your notifications come from ASUS themselves when the card leaves their factory or your supplier here? Just a curiousity that last one cheers.

Associate
*drops in after 4 months*

Lordy there’s some cry babies spitting their dummy out the pram here

Thank you for appearing to really add an interesting, cogent argument to the discussion random internet man.

The internet doesn’t work without heroes like you.

Associate
yAApFD1.png Hello i was just wondering what this means when a GPU is getting upgraded to a different one, will this go for all backorders & is this because of waiting times they wanna give back to the ones who have been waiting a long time? Thank you George

Associate
has anyone heard of anything on the rtx 3080 Strix OC cards? any updates at all?? anything? I havent gamed on my PC since launch day of the 3080's :( im dying

Associate
yAApFD1.png Hello i was just wondering what this means when a GPU is getting upgraded to a different one, will this go for all backorders & is this because of waiting times they wanna give back to the ones who have been waiting a long time? Thank you George
In those specific cases the backlog of the OC versions of the card was cleared with no stock for the non-oc available, hence the upgrade. Not really possible for it to be done across the board with all the shortages.

Associate
We actually have the Gamerock in stock and would happily upgrade Palit Gaming Pro to those the only reason I don’t do so is because the cards design is very marmite.

I will drop you a PM and you can reply with your order number and I’ll upgrade you next week. :)

@Gibbo I am also in the Palit 3080 que, I am very interested in this :)

Back
Top Bottom