VMax Ruined By Idiots Today

Soldato
The reality is, people are willing to put money into his pockets and it will be a great "success".

Would I want to go? No... there's a lot of events that are successful that I have absolutely zero interest in going to due to the type of "car people" that go.

Thats the truth, it will be a massive event. But I think it will attract the type of people where an accident will happen, not at the event but on the way to/from

Soldato
I've never understood vmax events. See how far your car goes? So what?

It doesn't exactly require much talent (or any for that matter), it just proves who has the biggest bank account (and normally who's the biggest *** too)

Sgarrista
Commissario

It doesn't exactly require much talent (or any for that matter), it just proves who has the biggest bank account (and normally who's the biggest *** too)

Chatting with other enthusiasts, being able to take high speed rides in cars of all makes/models, the thrill of breaking 200mph, meeting business contacts, new friends.

A proper VMAX event is something very unique and fun. Last event I attended managed, nabbed rides in a huayra, koenigsegg, aventador, 488, teslas, some mental 1600hp GTR to name a few.

Caporegime
Chatting with other enthusiasts, being able to take high speed rides in cars of all makes/models, the thrill of breaking 200mph, meeting business contacts, new friends.

A proper VMAX event is something very unique and fun. Last event I attended managed, nabbed rides in a huayra, koenigsegg, aventador, 488, teslas, some mental 1600hp GTR to name a few.

A track day does all that and better though or even Santa Pod. I guess I prefer those because it is more my "level" with regards to crowds which is also why I prefer to go and watch WRC, BTCC instead of F1.

If I wanted a thrill going in a straight line I can go to Alton towers and go on Rita.

Caporegime
Back in your box, peasant.

:D

But youre right all these events have that factor, but its another new angle for people to have fun with.

Want corners? Tracks
Want quarter mile times? Pod
Want to go over 200mph, vmax.

I don't know I have been to VMax style events and you find a lot less petrolhead type people at those when compared to track days. You start talking about even basic stuff and they give you a blank look.

OcUK Staff
I don't know I have been to VMax style events and you find a lot less petrolhead type people at those when compared to track days. You start talking about even basic stuff and they give you a blank look.

Been to two events, first was a VMAX event I took the SVR and I found the crowd absolutely fine, but it was one of the earlier events so it was a huge array of nice cars there plus some heavily modded stuff and Evolve cracking 200mph, it was the first event they had done at the new location so a 911 Turbo got written off and a BMW M6 ploughed through a fence as the brake zone was 0.3 mile from end of run way so a few cars failed to stop in time or the drivers panic and hit brakes too hard. As for the crowd though they were all mainly petrol heads and all pleasant to get along with irrelevant of what they were driving. I found the event more fun than Santa Pod too, as the surface was easier to launch on and you could truly see how fast a car was with the race essentially been nearly a mile long, I enjoyed it, not as much as a track day, but more so than Santa Pod as no queuing for hours and better surface and full chat for nearly a mile.

The second event was a GTR day, similar fashion but handling course and I took 458 and as it was a GTR day all the guys there were full of knowledge as modded GTR's and they were more than nice and easy to get along even though myself and @kindai were not in GTR's, the only reason I left early was because it was a warm day and the place had an insect issue, could not walk without eating bugs which stressed me out and so I went home at midday, but again the crowd was fine. Never had an issue with the crowd at Santa Pod also.

Nowhere else in the UK you can go and drive 150mph plus. After 3-5 runs it gets boring yes but you learn about your car and get to meet other petrol heads, good day out. :)

However if the current and new events are attracting people like DMO and LLF who want to turn it into a school playground then I won't be going to another one, they might be ok in isolation but you don't go to such events to have people brawling and falling out.

Sgarrista
Commissario
However if the current and new events are attracting people like DMO and LLF who want to turn it into a school playground then I won't be going to another one, they might be ok in isolation but you don't go to such events to have people brawling and falling out.

Well the whole reason this new "dmo event" is being set up is because they have been outright banned from the events. Its a spite move and will probably fizzle out after the first time, if it happens at all.

Soldato
Well the whole reason this new "dmo event" is being set up is because they have been outright banned from the events. Its a spite move and will probably fizzle out after the first time, if it happens at all.

Sadly I have to disagree. The people that follow DMO will show up anywhere just because he said it. I can see the series of events being quite "successful" and will probably have things that I'd like to do, but just not with the kind of people that follow him.

Credit where credit is due to him, he's a personality that you either love or hate, but he has a huge following and has capitalised massively on any negative exposure he's had.

Soldato

Will be tuners testing out their remaps and bolt on turbo kits etc. Too ;)

no other safe way of doing it on a one mile stretch

people mentioned track days personally I found those mentally draining, kudos to the professional racing drivers

Caporegime
Sadly I have to disagree. The people that follow DMO will show up anywhere just because he said it. I can see the series of events being quite "successful" and will probably have things that I'd like to do, but just not with the kind of people that follow him.

Credit where credit is due to him, he's a personality that you either love or hate, but he has a huge following and has capitalised massively on any negative exposure he's had.

Whether you like him or not he does seem to be successful and knows exactly how to get an audience.

Associate
As others have said, love him or hate him he does have a huge following and some of his you tube vids and funny as hell

Sounds a bit stupid to say how many people have been banned from events on here.

But sounds even better to say I got banned from.an event and made my own

Back
Top Bottom