What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
One Night in Miami

Interesting fictional story on what Malcolm X, Sam Cook, Jim Brown and Muhammed Ali may have talked about (if they had been together) on the night Ali one won his first world title.
Not much action but good dialogue - 7/10

Watched this last night. The premise was interesting, but ultimately it didn't really go anywhere. It also suffered from assuming you know a lot of each person's back story already. Jim Brown seemed the most interesting of the bunch, at least as he was portrayed in this.

Probably worked better as the play it was adapted from.

6/10

Associate
Bill & Ted Face the Music

Sequel to the 1980's Bill & Ted movie franchise. Strange watching a grown up Bill & Ted still talking and acting like they are high as a kite !
It kind of worked when they were teens but not so much now. This time we also have their younger doubles in their equally half witted daughters.
Light hearted nostalgic entertainment where you switch your brain off and just vegetate - 5/10

Soldato
Having a seriously bad few days

Locked Down 1/10
Heist movie set during the current pandemic. Was bored to tears, story is uninspiring and ridiculous

Outside Wire 0/10
Set in the future about an android officer. Just no, absolute trash, corny story with acting to match. Was torturous to watch, switched it off after 30 mins.

Soldato
I didn't mind "Outside the wire" but I constantly found myself being pulled out of the film thinking they'd filmed it in the cheapest locations possible. Warehouses, silos, something that looked like a university campus, etc. Really distracting.
There was also the vault scene. WTF were those people doing at work, in their best business clothes, during a civil war with armed men known to be in the immediate area. Truly an incident created purely for the plot. And, as my wife pointed out, the "hero" just managed to get everyone killed if they listened to him.

Man of Honour
There was also the vault scene. WTF were those people doing at work, in their best business clothes, during a civil war with armed men known to be in the immediate area.

LOL yeah I turned it off at that point - too much of the movie by that point was a case of "wouldn't this be cool" rather than a developed script.

I don't know why I even keep my Netflix subscription active any more.

Caporegime
Les Miserables, a very good bad cop/good cop French movie. Almost a little like training day in a way. But supposedly it had real world political implications, that helped improve the area due to how accurate the movie is on the current living conditions. 8/10.

Any suggestions for more French movies? I don't think I've seen a bad one, but then not really set out to watch any bad ones :p

daz

daz

Soldato
Watched 'Drive' last night. Decent film, very retro in terms of the presentation but a solid watch and really nice to watch a film that is 1hr 40 rather than 2.5 hrs - 3hrs.

Man of Honour
Watched 'Drive' last night. Decent film, very retro in terms of the presentation but a solid watch and really nice to watch a film that is 1hr 40 rather than 2.5 hrs - 3hrs.

I absolutely adore the theme to Drive...Nightcall by Kavinsky. Its a superb tune to drive to at night. I remember seeing a comment on the tune which was so fitting "I love how this song sounds like it was made in 1980 and 2080 at the same time." :D

Back
Top Bottom