*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
I encountered an odd bug and found that it has an ingame workaround that is not at all obvious, so I'll post the details here:

The bug is that actions are blocked for no reason. You can't use aid items. You can't change your equipment. You can't double jump or power jump even if you have the cyber leg implants for those things (which is how I noticed the bug). There may be some other things you're blocked from doing. Reloading an old save might work, but you might have been playing for a while before you notice the bug.

The ingame workaround is to trigger a cutscene. I don't know why, but that fixes the problem. The easiest and most reliable way to do so is to hire a prostitute. Just look for lips on the map (it's in the services section, along with shops, drop boxes, etc), go there and approach the prostitute. You might have to move about a bit because PC recognition by NPCs is a bit flaky.

Man of Honour
Problem is I most often encounter that mid-mission - save and reload and/or hope I have a recent enough save to reload from is the only really viable way to sort it.

Though fortunately I've only had a small number of instances of it so far.

What I find weird is how varied the impact of bugs are - I know people who have issues like in that video so constantly it realistically stops them playing the game and/or it is just totally game breaking for them while for me it is something that is there at the periphery rarely having an actual impact on my experience.

Ultimately this game is a good 6 months from fixing the existing game and another 2-3 years away from the vision they were peddling - as one of the developers said the whole transit/train stuff doesn't even exist in the game (other than the limited bits which are specific to missions).

Man of Honour
Problem is I most often encounter that mid-mission - save and reload and/or hope I have a recent enough save to reload from is the only really viable way to sort it.

What I find weird is how varied the impact of bugs are - I know people who have issues like in that video so constantly it realistically stops them playing the game and/or it is just totally game breaking for them while for me it is something that is there at the periphery rarely having an actual impact on my experience.

I've been lucky too. I think I've played about 50 hours now and I've encountered the "blocked action" bug once, a few hours ago. The only other bugs I've encountered are frequent T-posing of my character while running after jumping (which I don't notice as it's first person - the only giveaway is the lack of footsteps) and one incident in which my bike merged with a car I hit and got stuck for about 30 seconds. Oh, and brief appearances of streams of phantom cars in the distance in the badlands. None of the stuff in the video, other than the limitations of the game like police teleporting in and cars without even enough pseudo-AI to drive round an obstacle.

Ultimately this game is a good 6 months from fixing the existing game and another 2-3 years away from the vision they were peddling - as one of the developers said the whole transit/train stuff doesn't even exist in the game (other than the limited bits which are specific to missions).

I think it's a game away from the vision they were peddling, i.e. the next cyberpunk game might match that vision but this one won't. It's too far away from it, in my opinion. There's too much missing.

Man of Honour
I think it's a game away from the vision they were peddling, i.e. the next cyberpunk game might match that vision but this one won't. It's too far away from it, in my opinion. There's too much missing.

I think that will depend a lot on their authoring tools - if they can simply jump in and change whole parts of the city around, integrate with existing and new scripts that have global effect on the game, etc. etc. it is feasible - if they have to pull massive chunks of the game out and rewrite from scratch to implement things that were intended to be there then it would be prohibitive to achieve with the current game.

Soldato
I'm seeing quite a few examples now of not having any choices. It looks like you have dialogue options but really you don't as picking most of them doesn't mean anything and it only progresses when you pick the one they want.

One ridiculous example. It's so small it baffles me - at one point a character asks you for a cigarette. You have 3 options. Give her one, say no your out or say you just won't give her one. First I said I was out. Nope. Then I said I wouldn't give her one. Nope. I had to choose the first option. I just don't get it. Is that some big plot point? Is it vital to the story that I had to give it to her?

Also I had an option come up on a timer to punch someone in the face but I didn't want to so I let the timer run out... V just punched them anyway. There wasn't a choice at all.

I see this quite often, there are multiple options, you'd think choosing the sentence you like would change the story, but it's like they've missed out certain alternative storylines, so you have to go through every single different sentence and then reach the same outcome.

Soldato
The lies that came out of that company were breathtaking.
They had these lofty ambitions yet fell so far short that they didn't even meet the standards of the last generation. That video just highlighted how badly they missed the mark.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, that is sad. They should have know better than to make a trailer using a train and plaster in engine or in game footage on it. They just overhyped the game to hell. That is why I really enjoyed the game, but was left feeling a bit disappointed at times also.

Associate
for the £30 i paid I'm happy. Me and the wife have now played around 100 hours each.

There are lots of places where the content feels cut, and I was going to play through a couple of times, but in reality the story is mostly the same but with a few options for the ending so once is enough...for now.

I played through on normal mode, and by level 20, was so over powered that i could walk into any fight. Balancing needed.

There were some good story lines, some good funny moments, CDPR know how to write a story but lots left unfinished or pointless.

Soldato
Also I had an option come up on a timer to punch someone in the face but I didn't want to so I let the timer run out... V just punched them anyway. There wasn't a choice at all.

It's to lure you into a false sense of laziness.

Then you get the timer where you have some options and if you choose nothing you die.

It ain't always V with an automatic action at the end of the timer.

Soldato
Crowbcat has entered the chat

Wow, I just watched the whole video. That is truly depressing. I’m glad I held off and cancelled my preorder.

CDP should be ashamed of themselves. I hope that they watch this video in particular.
Some of them likely aren’t fully aware of the issues I bet or are burying their heads in the sand.
The apology video isn’t even acknowledging the lack of delivering on their promises or the bugs that are prevalent regardless of platform.
The comparisons that video shows of games from as early as 2001 really show just how ridiculous it was to release it. Depressing, but that’s how a lot of businesses are run these days.

Soldato

Is it really 6 months off? I was hoping to start playing it in Feb, but I can wait?

Just don't want to ruin my first impression of it with all these bugs.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Given the CEO has said on recent camera that they are happy with the PC reviews, I guess we can only expect bug fixes but who knows, maybe the 2 big patches this month and next will restore at least a bunch of cut content? It doesn't sound promising though as they have not even acknowledged the lack of AI.

Soldato
I get this wierd texture glitch but rarely on certain tv adverts in the game could be Nvidia drivers as all other games have zero issues.(it's like vertical bars go upwards on the displays/tvs in the game so the texture doesn't fully display)

Associate
So I genuinely enjoyed the game. Played more than 80 hours of it, didn't get any major issues or feel cheated
And yet all this blowback is still making me feel bad about it for some reason

Soldato
So I genuinely enjoyed the game. Played more than 80 hours of it, didn't get any major issues or feel cheated
And yet all this blowback is still making me feel bad about it for some reason

I was enjoying it for a while, but the unfinishedness (I know that's not a word) of it just ended up bugging me (pun intended) and I stopped playing it.

Have uninstalled it and doubt it will ever go back on my PC, as the game will never be what was promised in that now infamous lie of a trailer.

Glad that you don't feel cheated, however, that is exactly what the CDPR bosses deliberately did when they lied about the game and also released it in a really buggy state.

Back
Top Bottom