Hitman 3

Soldato
Ugh, this is some grade-A nonsense. Bought Hitman 2 at launch, I'm not paying for it again. Mentioning this just 5 days before launch isn't a great look.

Agreed, especially when they said back in August (albeit vaguely) that all content and progression would carry over. The EGS exclusivity itself wasn't really a huge issue for me and I can understand why they did it given how close IOI were to disappearing entirely, but making people pay for content that other platforms get free is incredibly poor.

Soldato
Never played any of the Hitman series before but saw the Dubai mission after it was being heavily pushed by YT and it looks fun, but as a Steam gamer it's a shame that I'll have to wait for a year (understandable due to exclusive deals etc but a shame none the less) and, for those who were existing Hitman owners, seeing that "well, just buy it again on a different service" attitude from the company really puts me off even further.

Soldato
Them trying to back compat the previous 2 is not great PR. Why didnt they say it was designed as an isolated game and 1 and 2 won't be supported to save themselves the backlash.

Its dumb backlash too. Like less than 5k players have been playing HM2 on steam during the past months...very few actually really care.

Associate
Really makes you wonder why they didn't just say or do that in the first place.

Sweeney put out a tweet a bit before that one saying they didn't want people to have to pay again. I guess Epic has now stepped in to help sort it out, either because IO never asked them to begin with, or Epic are seeing this as some good PR. Definitely dumb that it ever got to this point.

Don't think I'll bother putting in a pre-order again, but I'll pick it up soon if the launch goes well.

Soldato
Hitman 1 and 2 were brilliant. I was playing Hitman 2 again recently, it's great fun some of the 'accidents' and comedy kills are priceless. Definitely getting this.

Soldato
Want to play this just for the Dartmoor mission but Epic exclusives can do one. Plenty of great non exclusive games out there!

Associate
Want to play this just for the Dartmoor mission but Epic exclusives can do one. Plenty of great non exclusive games out there!
Honestly now that the whole confusion surrounding back compatibility has passed we're back to there being no good reason to be upset about Epic exclusivity

Dartmoor sounds cool though what with being right on my doorstep. That said looking it up I'm pretty sure the actual manor the level is set around is fictitious

Soldato
Dartmoor sounds cool though what with being right on my doorstep. That said looking it up I'm pretty sure the actual manor the level is set around is fictitious
Yes it looks a bit like Bovey Castle on steroids.. definitely not based on a real place on the Moor but definitely love the sound of it from the reviews.

Soldato
Less than a tenner on my alt Argie Epic account ;) Will pick up once finished building my new PC.

Screenshot-2021-01-20-123026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom