Have you been permanently banned from any forums?

Soldato
Don't think I've been banned anywhere, as far as I remember

Didn't we just have this thread?

But yeah I'll repeat. I remember getting banned by the ***** at The Digital Fix a few years ago for daring to argue for Brexit. :D

They were just a bunch of 'right-on' wet losers that ended up running the site into the ground. I just popped my head in to see if they were even still a thing and they only have like 12 users left in total still posting and the place is practically dead. :D:rolleyes::p
I used to hang out there in about 2003 when it was still thedvdforums. The bargain forum was great!

Man of Honour
Uh huh.

e: ah, thread merge. I do like an unreliable narrator though :)

e2: ok, weird, they're not merged at all :confused:

Exactly the same story told a slightly different way -

1) I was permabanned from here but I groveled until they let me back with a promise I wouldn't use a rival forum.

2) I was permabanned on here but I went to the OCUK shop and groveled to Spie :)

EDIT: I had wrote out a big response in the first post but got scared I might become foul of the Mods so I thought I hadn't posted anything.

I was a friend of Mark's, went to the shop and sat in his office for an hour talking about loads of stuff.
It was quite funny that I'd been banned from the anti-OCUK Forum but he was also a member of it :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Exactly the same story told a slightly different way -

1) I was permabanned from here but I groveled until they let me back with a promise I wouldn't use a rival forum.

2) I was permabanned on here but I went to the OCUK shop and groveled to Spie :)

I was a friend of Mark's, went to the shop and sat in his office for an hour talking about loads of stuff.
It was quite funny that I'd been banned from the anti-OCUK Forum but he was also a member of it :)

There was an anti-OcUK forum??

Soldato
There was an interesting turn of events in a thread on SomethingAwful forum a long time ago. A member killed another. The criminal justice system kicked in and I think the chap got 10 years.

SomethingAwful banned the members forum account for 365 days for the same crime.

:p

My point... an online forum should not be harsher than the criminal justice system.... I know the mods aren't interested but (AFAIK) it isn't (YET) against the rules to point out this flaw, politely. ;)

Permabanned
There was an interesting turn of events in a thread on SomethingAwful forum a long time ago. A member killed another. The criminal justice system kicked in and I think the chap got 10 years.

SomethingAwful banned the members forum account for 365 days for the same crime.

:p

SA has a storied history of terrible moderators. Aatrek being the most obvious one.

Commissario
My point... an online forum should not be harsher than the criminal justice system.... I know the mods aren't interested but (AFAIK) it isn't (YET) against the rules to point out this flaw, politely. ;)
No, but you agreed to abide by the rules when you registered here so...?

Man of Honour
Not banned from a forum but got a life time ban from a Bingo website,
i'd deposit £10 a day to gain entry to their free 'daily depositors' draw, then withdraw the £10 with any winnings the next day without wagering any of it, rinse and repeat,
probably made around £1500 over ~18 months before they found out and banned me :)

EDIT: just remembered i'm also banned from Quidco from too many click's on free cashback links,
i made hay while the sun shone on that one though so fair do's :D

Last edited:
Commissario
No thanks :( Have you not seen my average posts as of late? I'd struggle what to do with the time :p
I can offer you twenty minutes. I mean, you could just go for a long satisfying poo and it'd be over before you get back.

/edit - Actually I think the shortest I can do is an hour so let me know when you're going for a bath :D

Soldato
I can offer you twenty minutes. I mean, you could just go for a long satisfying poo and it'd be over before you get back.

/edit - Actually I think the shortest I can do is an hour so let me know when you're going for a bath :D
Wait... so browsing the forums isn't what most people do in the bath? :D

I'd rather not taint my almost perfect record here.

Back
Top Bottom