iRacing

Soldato
Nice setup, I'm just playing at my desk :( Really should setup a rig, setting the wheel up everytime gets old real quick... :p

If you need a space-saving solution, I recommend the Playseat Challenge. It's well thought-out, affordable, and surprisingly sturdy. The best part is that you can fold it up when you're done...*with the wheel and pedals still mounted* and put it in a closet or wherever.

Soldato
It's not the space as much as it is the cost, I'm cheap :D same reason I'm still using a G25 :p

Not as much racing as planned over the weekend, did a dirt oval race and came 2nd (should've been third but the leader was taken out), 0x so got promoted to D-Class, so job done. Also did some RX practice which went ok but not ready to race just yet...

EDIT: I guess also with the rig there's a question of the hardware setup for it, I've only got the one gaming setup and that's also for work, no space in this room for a rig as well as the work stuff, although some DIY may change that. But I guess I'd need to setup a second gaming pc specifically for the sim racing...

Soldato
Back at it today.

Bought 3 months - jumped back in for some racing.

First race finished 10th on Street Stock car speedway race. Qual 8th, running 4th for most of the race then someone came out the pits and hit me, flipped me and that was that... :rolleyes:

Never really got into it the last time but going to give it a good go.

Soldato
Hopefully your other races go a bit better than that... :p

I've had some great races since coming back, but also some bad ones, worst (as in 'not-my-fault') one was a Late Model race... In 3rd, cruising upto 9th/10th battling, didn't need to get past but 10th place annoyed me by blocking, still was happy-ish sitting behind them for a bit. Then he bumped 9th, who collected me as he wrecked and I had to use the fast-reset :( Came out behind the guy with way fresher tyres and was sooooo tempted to wreck him, managed to stop myself, instead I tried to provoke him into a mistake by sitting on his bumper, gave him a few 0x's, but he held up to the pressure well unfortunately :p

Soldato
I took a break for a few months..

Came back last week, got over the elusive 2500 ir on road for the first time.. Feel my driving is better after the break, more relaxed and smooth.

Soldato
Congrats on the iRating :)

I think a break can help, I'm not even that competitive after my break, still obviously trying to do my best but happy to just chill a bit more than I think I used to... :p

Soldato
I can't say I've ever had any problems so not sure, I'd suggest looking/posting on the iRacing forums or just contacting [email protected], I've contacted support for something before (I forget what, billing stuff I think) and got a quick and helpful response...

Soldato
Anyone help me - I'm sure there is a simple answer to this..

On the launcher - I've filtered the races I can enter (rookie level etc) - I can see all the cars/tracks/times etc. Some say Race (i presume that means the race is already underway), some say practise etc.

They have start times/end times.

Is there a simple way of seeing what has maybe 10/15 minutes practice before it starts a race? What do the start times and end times relate to? Is that the session (practise) etc?

I joined one, was practising a bit then realised the race had ended and it was like a post race session.

Managed a 3rd place (started 4th on grid) in a Legends race - they are fun little cars, pretty solid race, good consistent laps, a bit hairy in traffic but enjoyable little race!

Soldato
Anyone help me - I'm sure there is a simple answer to this..

On the launcher - I've filtered the races I can enter (rookie level etc) - I can see all the cars/tracks/times etc. Some say Race (i presume that means the race is already underway), some say practise etc.

They have start times/end times.

Is there a simple way of seeing what has maybe 10/15 minutes practice before it starts a race? What do the start times and end times relate to? Is that the session (practise) etc?

I joined one, was practising a bit then realised the race had ended and it was like a post race session.

Managed a 3rd place (started 4th on grid) in a Legends race - they are fun little cars, pretty solid race, good consistent laps, a bit hairy in traffic but enjoyable little race!

The ones that say race are race sessions and the ones practice just practice. Start/end times are what time the server goes up and back down. Practice sessions are always 2 hours, you can jump in out and out practice sessions as you like, there is always ones up. However races are always a set time each day. For example, 4.30.5.30,5,30 etc.. You need to register for a race session before the start time as that's when it sorts the splits. Typically you can register for a race session around 20 minutes before the start time, you must register for a race before the session starts or you will have to wait until the next round. When you register for a race, when you press the join button (before the start time) it will take you to an official practice session and then the game will inform you when the race server is up. You then have to leave the practice session you are in and it will take you to the race session. You can register for a race then wait for the start time and then when you click join it will take you to the race session.
Any other questions feel free to @me. Iracing doesn't really help how to use the service in game/UI. You have to read PDFS/Watch vidoes.

Soldato
Not sure about discord, I did join the UK iRacing one via the iRacing forums but not really spent much time there, don't really use discord generally...

I think MikeTheNative does the more endurance stuff, and maybe others, I'm doing 4 short/sprint series this season but might look at the longer races in the coming seasons, only once done one of the special events which was the Le Man 24 hours, was good fun though :)

Soldato
Yeah, me and my team try to do most of the special events. It's daytona 24 hours this weekend where we have a car in each class, I'm doing it in LMP2. I did do VLN last year and have done the GT3 endurance seasons and LMP1 in the past. Tend to do more private leagues now. I've done this, https://www.wgtc.uk/ past 2 seasons, new season starts next week.
@RyanF even if you don't sub to their sets crag's set up shop is a decent general iracing discord to hang out. It has a lot of people contributing on all sorts of iracing topics plus there's often people seeing out other drivers for endurance events.

Associate
New to here, nice to see there is an iracing thread, i bought my first desktop pc around 8 months ago to play this game after always being a console gamer. Decided to try vr and haven't looked back since, have just upgraded my i7 6700k with gtx1080 for a ryzen 7 5800x and Rtx3070.
After coming out of rookies I pretty much drove the radical only for a whole season and nearly got to 3k irating. Started doing endurance races with a couple of other guys in the Porsche and lmp2 and gained safety rating to get me upto an A for safety rating but lost irating and currently sitting around 2k. Frankie Dixon if anyone wants to add me as a friend

Back
Top Bottom