*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
Dbmf.jpg

Managed to get Cali to sit still long enough for a photo. We've only had her 5 days but she's already learnt to sit down and go to the door when she needs the toilet. Last night she only woke up once at 00:50 and I took her down to go outside for a wee and as soon as she did that she slept in until 8am this morning.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to get Cali to sit still long enough for a photo. We've only had her 5 days but she's already learnt to sit down and go to the door when she needs the toilet. Last night she only woke up once at 00:50 and I took her down to go outside for a wee and as soon as she did that she slept in until 8am this morning.

Cute girl! But she's going to have to grow into that big girl's collar lol

Dup

Dup

Soldato
U4ldBx7.jpg

Benson on Sunday. 16 years old, 17 at some point this year. He's accompanied me all over the place, over some tough mountains in tough weather and seen me through a big part of my life so far. He can just about go round the block 3 times a day now s his legs re going. Could post many photos of him up mountains over the years but for me I'm proud he can walk round the corner and enjoy the snow still.

He'll likely not see Christmas this year but I won't be too sad because he's far outlived any expectations of any dog like him. He's spent his life seemingly indestructible, even now. He'd never been in a house when I brought him home at 2 years old. I'd known him from a pup house sitting ("working" dog they kept outside but never worked or let him out and slept in his own faeces) but he was vicious (used to jump for my throat without warning) and would never sleep or settle. 3 months after I brought him home I'd broken him in and since then he's barely grumbled or looked another creature in the wrong way let alone barked. He's been be softest most loyal pet anyone could want and I can command him silently with just hand signals without the need for a lead in most situations. Properly proud to call him mine but he does flipping stink mind you.

Associate
It's always heat-breaking to watch them grow old, the legs on my oldest are going, and she's partially blind and deaf. I'll keep her while she's still got some quality of life because she deserves to live her best life as long as possible. It will be a sad day indeed when we have to say goodbye but I figure we'll both know when that time comes. Just value every day with your faithful companion.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It's always heat-breaking to watch them grow old, the legs on my oldest are going, and she's partially blind and deaf. I'll keep her while she's still got some quality of life because she deserves to live her best life as long as possible. It will be a sad day indeed when we have to say goodbye but I figure we'll both know when that time comes. Just value every day with your faithful companion.

Bensons the same, practically deaf and eyes are going too. But he's always up for his walks and still eats well so I know he's happy. At this point I just hope to come down one morning where he doesn't wake up but I know life isn't that poetic and it'll be my choice to make eventually.

Associate
Bensons the same, practically deaf and eyes are going too. But he's always up for his walks and still eats well so I know he's happy. At this point I just hope to come down one morning where he doesn't wake up but I know life isn't that poetic and it'll be my choice to make eventually.
What a positive outlook!

Soldato
cf05bd9c-b4ea-431d-83e8-d44d70edf50b.jpg

Took Cali out for a nice long woodland walk yesterday and she ended up looking more like a sentient piece of mud walking around than a dog so we had no choice but to give her a bath when we got home... Seemed like a good opportunity for a photo but she wasn't thrilled.

Wanted to try and give her a Ferris Bueller style mohawk but she doesn't have enough hair!

Associate
This is my Murphy. He also loves the water. In fact, we have to be very careful when walking near it as even his favourite treats and toys can sometime not be enough to get him out of it.

y4mD1wtKqHkXr7ZYn9Y7bjCQ9g81tB4SQqdQqOYvRyq9U2t_oh6Q7GrXee2-pwTxk7yWKhSks6yrOb7HOAdnfTa-cCpowllGWnXirfxV9BlG-rHPiMaoEBkQQi6iF51wi3yI3o7h98NfGn9rBe9pfy44m5C_jPSjWuTt1ab9uo2cJb6k-d_z44yxnuKtRD6KDjW

y4m7Ij6D6U3P8qRK1dBWmRtVBE3cW3URRaP5v4hSc71uvS2vq4F4b0omuuQaB7TGrPe2Slw1aspglLUr9o_c2NSmftrN-he6fv-s3t31iTSFENJ_msCKEXNwfqM3yHQRFFvuV4E3dMwNprPJPbtfaej-m7a4iTtTDKHxwOyJsAZ_r6BqDulqFCWlP2Clmi4z5oT

Last edited:
Associate
I don't see many tollers about. Lovely doggo!

Give that man a star! Not many people know them. We get lots of compliments and 'What breed is he?' closely followed by quizzical looks when we tell them.

But they're a secret. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone or they'll all want one.

Back
Top Bottom