Dashcams!

Soldato
I've just had my van (with all my tools) stolen.

No smashed windows or noise so they must have used a lock picker thing and a odb reader to start my van.

So, I'm wondering, is there a dash cam that will send you a alert when someone goes near and send video before it gets ripped out if they decide to take this van too.

My plan is to get dead locks and put a fat chain on the pedals or maybe a steering lock that goes over my dash.

Soldato
sorry to hear that

no glass on the floor i take ?
or have you got the van back ?

The Thinkware U1000 alerts in parking mode when triggered (G sensor)

id buy a discklok

No glass, no van. 5:10pm on a Wednesday. 2 rows of terrace face to face. 4k tools and 4k van gone. Gutted. Long and short of it.

Gutted. Worked hard for them tools.

I'll check your recommendation out. Thanks

Soldato
sorry to hear that

no glass on the floor i take ?
or have you got the van back ?

The Thinkware U1000 alerts in parking mode when triggered (G sensor)

id buy a discklok

you could also buy a wheel lock

Head is a bit all over thinking what I need now.

Alarm (more vans/cars don't have them as standard) new immobiliser or an alarm?

But then should I get extra locks (I did on the side and back anyway with a metal bulkhead) can they get into these easy?

Where do you stop?

Soldato
To be honest, having suitable insurance covering the content and vehicle is the first port of call, followed by decent physical security.

A camera isn’t going to prevent the van from being stolen and is easily defeated, especially at the moment. Seeing people without face coverings is odd these days. I’d say a camera is the last port of call.

The last thing you want to be doing is confronting people in the act in close quarters. Your life just isn’t worth an insured van.

Soldato
Morning guys,

I know there is a specific dashcam thread but i feel there is a need for a dedicated thread for my own requirements.

So, I currently have a front only Agrui dash cam close to 4 years old with speed trap alerts, radar and laser detection and in 4 years it has really saved my bacon a few times, roadside guns in the country on a Sunday morning jobbies. (set myself up for "stick to the speed limit" comments aint i?)
The video is pretty bad on playback in terms of quality so I am therefore thinking of a replacement and to include the rear too.

What do you guys use?

Anyone got something similar to the Aguri products.

Perhaps i should go dedicated Dashcam and an aftermarket speed thingie?

Caporegime
That's harsh Koweee, we've had lots of break ins here over the years.

The only sure fire way to stop it is decant the van or put it in a garage, but appreciate it's not always that easy :(

Associate
No glass, no van. 5:10pm on a Wednesday. 2 rows of terrace face to face. 4k tools and 4k van gone. Gutted. Long and short of it.

Gutted. Worked hard for them tools.

I'll check your recommendation out. Thanks
I really don't understand how people can bring themselves to steal from hard working tradesmen, makes me sick. Sorry to hear about this mate.

Soldato
I really don't understand how people can bring themselves to steal from hard working tradesmen, makes me sick. Sorry to hear about this mate.

I know it's a sad world. I've just had a call from the insurance, paying me a little more than what I thought the van was worth so that's a bonus. Also had some tool cover that I didn't know about too. Won't cover what I've lost but it will help.

Back
Top Bottom