**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Max is a legend, I can't remember who it was against but he was easily winning, gets to the last 30 seconds of the fight and his opponent gave it the 'meet me in the middle' gesture to stand and bang to which Holloway obliged. How can you not love that.

Edit: It was the Ricardo Lamas fight

Last edited:
Caporegime
Damn... He looked so sharp in the first round as well.

Where does he go from here? Hopefully he sticks to it like he said he would, but I can see him going back to boxing now.

Soldato
Was not expecting that, Conor looked good for most of it up to the KO. I thought Porier looked weak but goes to show anything can happen. Conor is never going to be a superstar again he's had his day there.

Soldato
Catching up now. Dan Hooker got murked badly, looked like a scared child which is strange as he looked extremely dangerous his last fight against Dustin. Chandler had good pressure and looks worthy of being given a top LW slot from the out. Feel sorry for the guy as he's from NZ and has to follow ridiculous quarantine rules now and is basically now going to spend a month in isolation pondering lasting about a minute against a guy having his debut.

LOL @ Connor, Khabib thought he'd get beaten in the 3rd by Dustin so he was off by a round but as he said if he could avoid taking a big left shot early on (and he is hittable), he'd be too much for 'this guy'. Poirier lost the first fight years back because he got too emotional and didn't fight smart but he's grown immensely as a fighter and didn't make the same mistake twice - killed some of the first round off with the TD then destroyed his leg with Gaethje-style calf kicks before taking advantage of the lack of movement and finishing him off.

Despite Dana trying to stir up hype, Khabib isn't coming out of retirement to fight any of these guys as he's either already beaten them or they wouldn't offer him anything, even Charles Olivera who he said he was impressed by as despite beating (a washed-up looking) Ferguson and being a submission expert on a winning streak, creating the usual 'he's got the tools to beat the GOAT' hype, he's historically folded when it's him being pressured rather than the other way round, and nobody has ever pressured Khabib for more than a few seconds.

Dustin should fight for the imminently vacant belt next, nice guy, deserves it.

Associate
Hooker was too focused on Chandler's wrestling threat and simply didn't fight the way he normally does. It's why fighters (excluding Askren!) with a wrestling background paired with decent striking skills are so dominant in MMA. In a purely stand up striking match, Hooker probably wins this 9 times out of 10.

The Conor Dustin fight, I had Dustin to win by TKO in the 4th round. Was a bit surprised he took him down that quickly and so easily too, but I guess the blueprint to beating Conor should be pretty clear to everyone now. Gas him out early on and you take away his Conor's biggest threat. I'm glad Dustin won and I can see him go on to win the belt as I don't think Khabib is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom