*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Permabanned
I’ve upgraded my original score which was a tad premature now that I’ve played it for a bit longer.

6/10 is as kind as I can be. I just find the game rather average and still outshined by the now outdated GTA5. This game reeks of style over substance and personally I’ve not been blown away by the graphics either.

That video is a damning assessment of a game that promised so much but delivered so much meh. Disappointing.

Soldato
I see this quite often, there are multiple options, you'd think choosing the sentence you like would change the story, but it's like they've missed out certain alternative storylines, so you have to go through every single different sentence and then reach the same outcome.

Yes, they have a very long main story, with an impressive amount of voice acting attached, they must have locked Keanu away for ages, but it does seem like they had completely distant other threads they might have liked to explore, always in a way like the little end videos would have tied things up determined by certain decisions you made.
As it stands, you choose your start, choose a love interest if available, pretty much play through, and then pick an ending, marked by 'the point of no return warning'.

Man of Honour
Is it really 6 months off? I was hoping to start playing it in Feb, but I can wait?

Just don't want to ruin my first impression of it with all these bugs.

It's a crapshoot with bugs. You might get a game that has a few rare bugs. You might get a game that is bugged to unplayability. You might get anything in between. Nobody yet knows why the experience varies so widely.

Associate
The bugs seem to get worse as you get further into the story, at least I've found anyway, and I'm using a 5600x & 3080, so solid enough hardware.

I've just finished my first playthrough, or second, sort of, I saved prior to the ending and have done 2 of them so far. I think I'll have a go at all the endings, then put the game down for 6-12mths.

Although it does concern me that their 'apology' video doesn't at all acknowledge the promises vs reality, or things like the CES preview being all fake footage. Unfortunately it sounds like they're happy with how the game runs on PC, and 90% of their efforts will be to fix the previous gen console issues. Problem is, imagine for a minute this was a PC only game, despite how nice it CAN look, in certain situations, I still feel we have been miss-sold a product. In 2018 they advertised something, they have no delivered that product.

This video sums it up nicely:

Soldato
some of the bugs in that video posted a bit earlier are pretty damn hilarious tbf.

I hope they can fix the game and we see it make it a big return. Just a pity it started so horribly

Associate
This is the PC section yes?

No one with minimum or above pc specs for the game should have a "really bad" looking game.

Yup, had a blast playing this all the way through. Only 1 T-pose and a floating cigarette in the 86 hours or so playing it.
Some excellent acting in the story (branching or not) and I really felt for the characters.

Associate
Wow, I havent seen that video til now. Thats pretty damning.

It looks absolutely dreadful. Clearly, that video is a condensed collection of some of the worst aspects, but wow, that is appalling.

Even though this game is barely a minimum viable product, the real problem is not the bugs, but is the distance between what was promised and what was delivered.

It's also odd how the interviews with developers are inconsistent, between them they couldn't keep their stories straight on what was going to be delivered and in many cases they directly contradict the trailers they released.

I don't think the day to day developers are to blame, this looks more like a massive, unforgivable failure in project management and leadership. I can see parallels in my own industry (engineering).

Looking at this from another perspective, this must be really hard for the everyday people working on it to take. It's getting absolutely slated internationally, if I had been a developer on this, I'd be feeling pretty low right now, all created (probably) by terrible leadership.

Soldato
Well completed my second playthrough and have done everything. 110 hours on this V. Totally loved my time in NC. Loads of flaws and bugs which need to be sorted before the game can be said to be in a good place for many. However, after 215 hrs, I have been very lucky in only big issues were to do with Steam chat. Other than those CTD no major issues. I will play through again as soon as they have sorted and added new content.

Caporegime
So I'm presuming the next patch will arrive this Friday, given CDPR said within 10 days. Be interesting to see what happens, hopefully the fixes/improvements won't just be for the last gen consoles.....

Back
Top Bottom