• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Check the Hotkeys sub menu. Default is Ctrl+Shift+O I believe.

Groan, should have seen that. All new to me this software, previously being with the Green Team.
I saw it noted as a Metric Overlay but then in the hotkey assignment it notes it as a Performance Overlay.

Thanks

surprised when you are wanting to use a manual fan curve that it can't be set to very low RPM, even with fine tuning the lowest seems to be 35%.

Associate
I am still stuck on 20.9.1, I have tried all the later ones and I have the weird issue where if I lock the machine, the monitor goes to sleep, when I wake it up it will either be a black screen or my 3440 x 1440 ultrawide will go to 1200x800 and only way to get it back is to turn the monitor off and then back on or pull the DP cable. Tried clean utility and clean install but once beyond 20.9.1 I get this issue!

This is on a 5700XT

To get around the problem 50% of the time I have turned off FreeSync on the OSD for the LG 34GK950F-B and then FreeSync in the drivers, the things I got the card and monitor for :(

Tried the monitor on the laptop with an Intel GPU and then a gaming laptop with a 2080 Max Q and neither of those display the issue at all so its down to drivers I think, just not sure how I can update if I can't get beyond 20.9.1

At least with the 20.9.1 I can use FreeSync Premium and set the Drivers to use it. Has anyone had the lock screen issue where it will lose the resolution on Display Port 1.4?

Associate
...only way to get it back is to turn the monitor off and then back on or pull the DP cable...
With a problem like that, the first thing I would try is plugging the cable into a different port on the back of the graphics card. If that doesn't work, the next thing I would try would be a different cable (the shortest, highest quality one you can obtain). You might also try HDMI instead of DP.

Associate
With a problem like that, the first thing I would try is plugging the cable into a different port on the back of the graphics card. If that doesn't work, the next thing I would try would be a different cable (the shortest, highest quality one you can obtain). You might also try HDMI instead of DP.

Morning, I have tried 5 cables, the one that came with the monitor, some I had already and then 2 from the certified cable list for DP 1.4, all have the same issue. The issue only happens on drivers after 20.9.1 so thinking its a driver issue.

Looking at the AMD Community forums seems everyone with the LG 34GK950F has the same issue but differing drivers and cards.

I have tried HDMI and it doesn't do it on that so wondering if its a card/driver/ultrawide issue on DP 1.4 with the drivers. Its a strange one, I have tried all you suggested, only thing stopping me going HDMI is that this panel only supports 85HZ on HDMI and 144HZ on DP 1.4

I tried removing the monitor and putting the 2 x 24" 1080p 144hz monitors on DP and they also do the black screen or change res to a lower on when waking the monitors. Still digging about to try and sort this, happy to stay on 20.9.1 for now as all the games I play work.

Soldato
AMD taking their sweet time this month with a driver drop eh! Not overly impressed.

I am hoping it will be a big one with the AMD version of DLSS. The annual big update dropped in December the last two years but not this year.

EDIT: I have read it is dropping today though, as it will contain Hitman 3 optimisations.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I am hoping it will be a big one with the AMD version of DLSS. The annual big update dropped in December the last two years but not this year.

EDIT: I have read it is dropping today though, as it will contain Hitman 3 optimisations.

No and no.
Probably they are hiding somewhere deep because of the shame - they have nothing to sell.

Associate
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 Highlights
Support For

• Hitman 3™
    • Up to 10% increase in performance in Hitman 3, @4K Ultra settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1.RS-349
  • Quake II™ RTX
Fixed Issues
  • The recording and streaming overlay indicator may sometimes reset itself to the default position.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay size may intermittently reset or may not match values that are set in Radeon Software after performing a task switch.
  • The Radeon Software installer screen can sometimes display the incorrect release date of the Radeon Software version you are installing.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may flicker during video playback on displays with HDR enabled.
  • Reflections in Grand Theft Auto V™ may fail to appear when ‘Reflection MSAA’ is enabled in the game settings.
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ session timer may continue in Radeon Software even after the game has been exited.
  • DOOM Eternal™ may experience an application crash while gaming and having Steam™ overlay enabled.
  • Recorded content from Radeon Software may appear cropped or recorded at an incorrect resolution on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120x1440@240hz.
  • Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon™ Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
  • Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
  • Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
  • Metro Exodus™ may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Raytracing enabled.
  • Radeon™ recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 series graphics products.
  • Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
Disclaimer

• Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of Jan 15, 2021 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1 on Hitman 3 @ 4K Ultra settings. Performance may vary. RS-349.

Permabanned
still no DLSS like, it looks like i will take a while for them to release it

AMD has a DLSS equvalent:

RB, VRS, SAM:

Radeon Boost;
Variable Rate Shading;
Smart Access Memory;
PCIe 4 compatibility.

You can also lower the settings from ultra-high to very-high and lower the post-processing effects, also some additional settings as the type of anti-ailiasing, ambient occlusion, shadows...

All this will render better image quality that any GeForce can ever reach.

Soldato
AMD has a DLSS equvalent:

RB, VRS, SAM:

Radeon Boost;
Variable Rate Shading;
Smart Access Memory;
PCIe 4 compatibility.

You can also lower the settings from ultra-high to very-high and lower the post-processing effects, also some additional settings as the type of anti-ailiasing, ambient occlusion, shadows...

All this will render better image quality that any GeForce can ever reach.

How are those a DLSS equivalent? They are different technologies that do different things. The closest thing AMD has is Radeon Image Sharpening.

Caporegime
I do know that when they eventually come out with it then it'll be a quality implementation so I can wait, would rather they get it right :) (that's right, looking at you DLSS 1.0 ;))

Permabanned
How are those a DLSS equivalent? They are different technologies that do different things. The closest thing AMD has is Radeon Image Sharpening.

Radeon Image Sharpening is the opposite of DLSS.
Radeon Image Sharpening improves the image quality of a native resolution.

DLSS decreases the image quality of a native resolution and pretends it is it when it is fake.

Associate
Yes, they are a totally different thing. I’m amaze that you put PCIe 4 compatibility. that is standard now and anything to do about image quality or upscaling.

I initially thought that they will use something from the consoles like the ps4 pro checkerboard rendering

Caporegime
Lol, those are not even remotely comparable to dlss......

Unless amd can work magic, they won't have anything till their next lot of gpus. There's only so much you can do with software/drivers..... Look at the google phones and the optimisation they do with their cameras/photos, can achieve amazing results through their software/ai processing etc. however, to have super quick performance etc. in carrying out these software/ai improvements, they had to add a dedicated image processor chip....

I think amds answer is basically static/dynamic fidelityfx cas like what is found in cyberpunk, which is good in its own way tbf but ultimately still falls short.

Soldato
While RIS is very different to DLSS I am actually impressed how well it improves the image at native and at a lower resolution.

Control at 2560x1440p but render res at 1080p with RIS enabled looks so much like 1440p

Back
Top Bottom