Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
OP
Ive read a few issues with the AMVR interface saying that because the plastic is orange it lets light in and you get an orange glow inside the headset.
Ive got the VR cover myself but just a warning for people thinking of purchasing the AMVR one.

Yeah, I saw that, I figure, worst comes to the worst, I can paint over it. I have to say, I think it's going to need to be a pretty bright light to overcome the plastic to start with, and furthermore, then overcome the brightness of the screen once turned on.

Soldato
Finally received my vr cover today.
Anyone else find the nose guard is far too big?
It partially covers the lenses for me when installed.

Oh, wow, no, I didn't notice anything like that with mine. Are you fitting it correctly?

EDIT: Well I take that back!! looks like this is an issue for other people too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just added a 6ft USB C extension lead to my 20ft Link cable so now I can comfortably reach the opposite end of my living room where I have a space to VR in. I do have Virtual Desktop but I like to have all options available to me.

I just played a bit of Asgard’s Wrath, to the point where you do the first dungeon to get a weapon, and have to say it is impressive. I like the NPC group member, I call him Bitey. I hope more games like this come out.

Soldato
Starting to wonder what's happened to MVH Studios. Been over two months since they put the waitlist up, and I've not seen any reports of anyone having one + I'm still #52 in the queue. Have they really not restocked since they sold out in October? :eek:

Soldato
OP
Starting to wonder what's happened to MVH Studios. Been over two months since they put the waitlist up, and I've not seen any reports of anyone having one + I'm still #52 in the queue. Have they really not restocked since they sold out in October? :eek:

I can tell you he's alive. I had an issue with one of the nuts on my headset a week or so ago and he sent out some replacement parts free of charge.

Soldato

I gave up on the guy. Was #55 in the Queue when I joined it in early November and haven't moved since.

Probably couldn't deliver to me anyway with all the Brexit stuff going on.

Soldato
I am totally hooked - only got the bugger on Saturday and only really played some demos, had a wander round Google Earth VR and lots of Beat Saber but it has me totally gobsmacked - and I’m not one easily impressed by tech!

anyway - I really need to get myself some prescription lenses but no idea what my script is. Is it normally just a case of ringing your optician and getting a copy then emailing that to the lens company of choice?

Soldato
Any recommendations for a battery holder for the elite strap. Something that feels secure and doesn't move around.

Heavy duty velcro strips. One side applied to the headset strap, the other to the battery. If you want extra peace of mind, get some velcro ties and use those as well.

I just use the velcro strips on their own, and the battery doesn't budge. At all. Even in energetic games like Thrill of the Fight

Cob

Cob

Soldato
He posted an update on his YouTube channel last week or so. Brexit etc has really messed with his Greek print-farm, but he’s made adjustments so hopefully things will speed up once his British print-farm ramps up.

Soldato
jesus, trying to get hold of any of the recommended 3rd party headstraps is harder than getting hold of a gpu!
vrcover - 1 type in stock (grey/magenta)
amvr - cannot find them anywhere
yer man mentioned above, i'm currently 569 odd in the queue so not holding out a whole lotta hope of getting one of those anytime soon.....

any others to consider apart from the elite?

Caporegime
jesus, trying to get hold of any of the recommended 3rd party headstraps is harder than getting hold of a gpu!
yer man mentioned above, i'm currently 569 odd in the queue so not holding out a whole lotta hope of getting one of those anytime soon.....

I just went for the elite. Its not worth the time hunting for a 3rd party one.

Soldato

Sadly, you joined the party a little bit late. The whole planet got a quest2 for xmas, and now everyone wants the recommended unavailable accessories for it. The geeks purchased on day one and bought all the accessories, and are the ones making the recommendations through trial , expense and error.

Soldato
I just went for the elite. Its not worth the time hunting for a 3rd party one.
looks pump though in comparison to the others, at least imo.
Sadly, you joined the party a little bit late. The whole planet got a quest2 for xmas, and now everyone wants the recommended unavailable accessories for it. The geeks purchased on day one and bought all the accessories, and are the ones making the recommendations through trial , expense and error.
well as long as their expense and errors lead to me not having to make them, waiting a bit for a stock to appear is a minor pain i can bear :p......for now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom