Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 24th Jan 2021]

Soldato
Do people seriously think Lampard is in danger?
To me it would be senseless to change him now. You have to allow him to work through this period - it's not as if they are in danger of relegation. They made a decent start but I think it takes time to gel so many signings. Surely they have to give him until the end of the season at least?

Don
To me it would be senseless to change him now. You have to allow him to work through this period - it's not as if they are in danger of relegation. They made a decent start but I think it takes time to gel so many signings. Surely they have to give him until the end of the season at least?

Time and patience isn't something Abramovich is known for.

Caporegime
Putting Frank in charge made as little sense as Juventus putting Pirlo in charge, and they're doing about as well as each other.

Exactly as madness as people think Ole was/is. He had 10 years behind him. It does seem every man and his duck seems to think putting a club Legend in charge will win you things. That is very rarely the case.

Don
At other clubs he might get more time but I'm not sure he'd deserve it. He had arguably the strongest squad in the Championship with Derby and failed to get promoted and probably only got the Chelsea job because of who he is and the fact they've been through half the managers in Europe in the past 15 years.

Despite the praise he was getting from his ex teammates, he didn't really do well last season. Sarri was sacked having finished 3rd with 72 points and winning a Cup - he finished 4th with 66 points and no trophy last season. The transfer ban was a convenient excuse for him and ignored the fact that he still added Pulisic, Mount, Abraham & Tomori to their squad and had the likes of Odoi & Loftus-Cheek back from long term injuries.

It's not just the results which are killing him but the fact he's spent all that money in the summer and hasn't got a clue who to play and where to play them. It's just constant chopping and changing and that's the sign of a manager hoping to stumble across something, not one that has a clear idea of what he's going to do and how he's going to do it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hard to say really. Arsenal were looking awful a month ago and now they are doing fine. Very little has changed. They haven't signed any new players. I imagine fat Frank will get at least another month. They have a good set of players there and should really be competing near the top of the table in such a weird season where the top teams are about 10-12 points off where they would usually be by now.

Soldato
As a Chelsea fan, I was disappointed that he got the job in the first place. He obviously got it for who and that's a shame as he clearly has no real tactical knowledge at this level. His possession approach doesn't suit the attacking players we have, and there is very little organisation at the back either. He genuinely needs help!

Soldato
As a Chelsea fan, I was disappointed that he got the job in the first place. He obviously got it for who and that's a shame as he clearly has no real tactical knowledge at this level. His possession approach doesn't suit the attacking players we have, and there is very little organisation at the back either. He genuinely needs help!

He needs JT to give them all a good kick up the ****. Lamps signings have been poor, 12 months ago he got them into the top 4 without signing anyone, now with all that money spent, he needs results fast to have any chance of keeping his job. A tall order for anyone.

Don
He needs JT to give them all a good kick up the ****. Lamps signings have been poor, 12 months ago he got them into the top 4 without signing anyone, now with all that money spent, he needs results fast to have any chance of keeping his job. A tall order for anyone.

They aren't poor players though, they are very good, however he is not capable of coaching and getting the best out of them. Havertz, Werner, Ziyach, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi are brilliant attacking options yet they can barely must up some clear cut chances and that's on Lampard. Kovicic, Kante and Jorginho all look shadows of themselves.

Soldato
Sorry but how coome many here laugh at the losing side, be in arsenal, chelsea, liverpool etc etc.

everytime a losing side is mentioned, people here slate them for being an absolute joke and crap in the match.

Never have you guys actually looked at the team that actually won and say, You know what, that team played better than the losing side.

Absolutetly no praising for Liecester in this case.

Its as if Chelsea played against a NFL team playing "soccer" for the first time ever in there lifes.

Why cant some of you admit that the team that won was just better on the night?

Associate
Lamps signings have been poor

His signings have been excellent, how he's 'fitting' them into his system is the issue. How he's setting them up to play. I'd love for it to be working for him but with the players he has I think Carlo A or another top manager would be top 2 with that squad right now. I hope he can turn it around again but I fear his time is up. A top manager would love to walk into that side with the players available but they just never get enough time.

Maybe at the end of the season he will job swap with Stevie G :D

Back
Top Bottom