Extra RAM causing intermittent black screen

Soldato
So I got some extra RAM for Christmas to match my current set (HyperX 16Gb RGB 3200 16 18 18 36) and when I installed it I kept getting game crashes (mainly Warzone). Did a memtest and got errors straight away so I RMA'd it.
Got the replacement today, set it to the XMP profile as before and it works great, apart from I get random black screens for about a second in Warzone. The game doesn't crash or anything, but 2 mayb 3 times per round it'll just give me a brief black screen.

I've upped the voltage a bit to 1.4v but same issue.

Anyone had this before as google isn't helping me? I will run a memtest later but wondered if it was anything obvious?

Thanks

Soldato
Two 3200MHz sticks per channel is definitely challenge for that very mediocre memory controller of Zen+.
3000MHz would be surer to work.

Soldato
If the game still functions I don't see how it could be a problem with the memory(unless you have ECC memory). Maybe its an unrelated problem, graphics driver or something?.

Soldato
OP
Yea I've tried dropping the memory speed, same issue. I think it might be a freesync thing actually that's just coincided with new RAM. I have added a second monitor to my setup this week so that could also be related.
I hate technology sometimes!

Soldato
Yea I've tried dropping the memory speed, same issue. I think it might be a freesync thing actually that's just coincided with new RAM. I have added a second monitor to my setup this week so that could also be related.
I hate technology sometimes!

Yeah I get random flickering on one of my monitors sometimes, I think its something to do with Nvidia drivers and Gsync.

Associate
I bought a dp to dp cable a while back..it worked fine with my rtx 2070 with a 120hz 1080p monitor...I replaced the monitor with a 1440p 144hz monitor. Then I was getting the same intermittent black screening until I swapped it for the cable that actually came with the new monitor. In this case I think the cable was incomparitible with either 144hz or 1440p. But I'd go with possible cable issue too.

Back
Top Bottom